Northed - Not so far north

Northed

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I like birds, I take a lot of pictures of birds. Does anyone else?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I like birds, but don't have a camera that will get close enough to take good pics. I normally go on a bird walk at the local nature center every month. This Saturday, we're doing what's called bird quest. We'll be going to different sites to see what birds we can see.

Northed

Power Conserver
Reaction score
That sounds awesome. :D
I love catching sight of a bird that we don't get very often round here.
Here are some pics

4849_screen_shot_2012-05-04_at_44348_pm.png

4849_screen_shot_2012-05-04_at_44344_pm.png

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I love bird-watching and providing a natural habitat for our native and migratory feathered residents/visitors.

This past week, I've been "stalking" our Indigo Buntings and Summer Tanagers with the camera but no luck with pics, yet.

In the past month, I've accidentally flushed our pair of Chuck's-Will-Widows as I was walking our woods. They're good for near heart failure when you aren't expecting the fallen leaves on the ground to explode a few feet away from you! :lol:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I've never seen any of those birds around here thought I do know indigo buntings are in the area. I'm not sure about the scarlet tanager. We used to have a whippoorwill around here, I'd hear it at night and even saw if flying a few times, but haven't seen or heard it in years.

Northed

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Awesome! You folks have some epic birds round your way. I've gotten used to the parrots over the years, but when I first moved here I was really into them. :p

Northed

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I do have a soft spot for birds! :lol:
I miss the wrens and blue tits we used to get in the UK, it was great to open the window in the morning from upstairs and watch them wake up in the bushes. :lol: We don't have an upstairs here.

Northed

Power Conserver
Reaction score
We have this dumb performance today, they really love to foster community spirit among the masses. :lol:
My favourite song of the lot would have to be ABC, sure beats some of the later MJ numbers they picked. :caf

Northed

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hey guys, been a while. My group came second. :woot

Anywho, the stock market is not looking pleasant right now. (And since when WAS it? Hah :lol:)
I also seem to be suffering a chronic shortage of white out. I can never find anything round here!