Northed - Not so far north

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
That's pretty good! (Unless there were only 2 groups preforming. :hide) I saw a scarlet tanager today! I was so happy. Wasn't sure at first if it was one or not, but I checked my bird book when I got home and it was! :celebrate

Northed

Power Conserver
Reaction score
There were 5, but you've got a point there :gig

Good on ya Deb! That must've been an awesome moment. :D

Stock market saw a bit of a turnaround today. Not taking it for anything though, it's like taking one step forward and four back :lol:

Denim Deb

Reaction score
It was! And today, I saw a Baltimore (northern) oriole! I'm starting to see some good birds.

Northed

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Beautiful! I gave that one a google, and it's a pretty striking lil' thing. The only really colourful birds round these parts are the parrots, aside from that most are black or grey or dark blue or something.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I think that's how it is w/most birds, they're not overly colorful. You get those few that are and they make you stop and pay attention.

Northed

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Today, saw pigeons lying down on the ground beneath some trees having some time out. It was slightly amusing. From a distance, the birds looked a little like very small dogs :p

Northed

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Oh, bother.
I think it's important for all folks to have something cool they can chill out doing when everything else becomes hectic. :D
Random piece of non-advice for the day.

:caf

Saw no cool birds today at all. Probably because I've been inside all day, but usually there is a specimen or two lurking round in the trees outside :p

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I couldn't agree w/you more. That's why I own horses and a canoe. :D

Northed

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Sounds nice! :D I fail at canoeing, I remember the good old days of going on organised camps and capsizing multiple times :lol: The only thing I seemed to be able to master without encounters with icy water was a catamaran. :p