not how i would design a survival shelter

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
tamlynn said:
...so 15 people and 2 bathroom stalls?
Sounds like our home after Katrina. We had displaced friends and family staying with us. One bathroom and 15 adults, 4 children, 4 dogs, a cat, and two hamsters. Thank goodness we have a lot of trees to go behind. :D

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Any of you think it's funny to have tv rooms in a survival shelter? How you gonna watch what's probably no longer available?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Hey...some of us are buying entire seasons of our favorite shows. Just got season 1 and 2 of the big bang theory :D

:gig

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
BBT is the smartest, funniest comedy to come along in a very long time.

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
tamlynn said:
Just looking at that pic, is that 6 sets of bunk beds and 3 hospital beds, so 15 people and 2 bathroom stalls?
the picture is only one of the "hubs" that make up this big complex. it's actually designed to hold about 200. you see the rest of the "living areas" in the video.

kcsunshine said:
Any of you think it's funny to have tv rooms in a survival shelter? How you gonna watch what's probably no longer available?
i thought that too, then realized it's probably more for movie watching (although there are a LOT of places available to watch movies in that place). what's weirder is all the computer stations... unless these people plan on playing A LOT of solitaire, what good are the computers? i mean, who's going to have internet after the world ends? you'd have no way of even dialing in! and who are you going to talk to? i mean, the world has just ended!!!! how many people can there be?

Wifezilla

Reaction score
World War Craft and Diablo II marathons via Lan. Duh!

:gig

Wifezilla

Reaction score
Simulated battles via computer game may help keep down actual strangling of obnoxious podmates.