Note to self. Never talk to a farmer about grass feeding

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
I do know better, but they are so good at changing the subject so they can rip you to shreds for being a terror to modern methods.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Grass fed? What the heck is that?!

Ha! Sounds like the farmers around here, most certainly.

Say BBrooks! You're getting goats?! What kind? How old? Yay for goats!!!!!!! :weee

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
Grass fed? What the heck is that?!

Ha! Sounds like the farmers around here, most certainly.

Say BBrooks! You're getting goats?! What kind? How old? Yay for goats!!!!!!! :weee
5 goats. 1 Lamancha, 1 Alpine and the rest Nubian mixed with the first two.
All open and dry at the moment, but they will be bred over the next month, depending on when they come into heat.
Because of our late springs, we breed late up here, to make birthing later on when its warmer.
Should have a goat share going next summer!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Whooo! You know we'll need pictures, right?

Another convert!
*Wrings hands in eager delight*

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Hey, talk about jumping in with both feet....starting out with goat shares! Do tell! I was thinking about doing this, both to justify more goats and also to have a spare milker or two in an emergency, but hesitate because of the loss of privacy, and I have not found anyone through word of mouth who is interested. So I'd have to advertise....NOT something I'm ready to do. Tell us what you'll be doing with this goat share business...

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
freemotion said:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Hey, talk about jumping in with both feet....starting out with goat shares! Do tell! I was thinking about doing this, both to justify more goats and also to have a spare milker or two in an emergency, but hesitate because of the loss of privacy, and I have not found anyone through word of mouth who is interested. So I'd have to advertise....NOT something I'm ready to do. Tell us what you'll be doing with this goat share business...
Selling goat shares? ie milk? :lol:
I need to run as dinner can;t make itself, not can dishes wash themselves......hmmmm maybe I can train a goat :lol:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
You should have tried that when BYH was young and full of cow people.....I got run off with a shotgun!!! :p Then I got stalked and harassed back here on SS! :rolleyes: