Oh oh oh first to post!!!

Georgiagirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
:frow Hello!!! I am Georgia from Rockdale, small town right in the middle of Texas. Yes, its hot!
For about 4 months now I have been reading, daily, as much of BYC as I possible could without getting caught at work. I finally joined last week and am learning how to post so I can learn even more, very new thing for this ole girl.
I have made the laundry soap, cant wait to use it. And have been printing out recipes and ideas like crazy! I couldnt believe when I saw this new site!!! It is exactly what I have been looking for.
I am currently putting my husband (at age 52!) through welding school. I am trying my best to not have a ton of student loans to have to pay off when he is finished, so I am using ever penny pinching idea I can find. And it is actually fun too! And I am meeting so many new wonderful friends! Cant wait to get to know you all!

CityChook

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hi All - Minneapolis, MN here (Hi Nuggestowner!).

I am a stay-home mom of daughters and the better (!) half of a married couple for 15 years. We live in suburban Minneapolis in a 100 year old house with 3 kids, 4 chickens, 1 black lab, a geriatric cat, a hamster named Ivy and a goldfish.

My friends used to make fun of my frugal ways ("Why wouldn't you just use a paper towel for that??" - "OMG, I can't believe you use cloth napkins!") but now that being green is considered hip, I have people calling me all the time asking for ideas and advice. Funny how the times they are a chang'n...

cheers!

krjwaj

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Nuggetsowner and Citychook,
Are either of you near Arlington, MN?

inchworm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm in Western Maryland on 10 acres of wooded land. Makes it hard to grow a garden, but I'm trying square foot gardening in a raised bed. I homeschool 2 kids and also work from home. We have 6 hens, 5 barn cats, and a large compost pile. My goal is to get a rain barrel set up next year.

Getting there inch by inch.....

Inchy