Ohio Livestock Standards of Care - affects milking goats

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The sad part is that this standards of care was supposed to protect livestock owners from HSUS. Instead, it is like they invited them in to write the rules. I did voice my opinion so I'm hoping I won't become a target. I had already decided to reduce my goat herd so I guess I will stick with my plan. This may be the last year for my farm as a farm. I'm tired and I just don't need people sticking their nose in my business.

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
LOL OFG, chickens are nosey aren't they? My chickens have to stick their beak in everything too.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
ksalvagno said:
The sad part is that this standards of care was supposed to protect livestock owners from HSUS. Instead, it is like they invited them in to write the rules. I did voice my opinion so I'm hoping I won't become a target. I had already decided to reduce my goat herd so I guess I will stick with my plan. This may be the last year for my farm as a farm. I'm tired and I just don't need people sticking their nose in my business.
i'm hearing you K... believe me.

the thing is.. without us farming we'd probably end up being a burden to the state while there are no jobs here. but instead we can do it ourselves.

this is just one more hurdle to the news folks wanting to fend for themselves.

oh geez - maybe we can get jobs being inspectors. if i get your farm i'll give you a pass
;-)

Ms Pony - i think this legislation was developed by chickens. i'm looking for it to say "chickens should be given chaise lounges and fanned with palm fronds"

wow!

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So what are they going to do about our ducks that think heaven is a mud puddle? :lol: No mud puddle for you!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
* runs out and shoos ducks out of puddles *

dont you ducks know whats good for you!

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:gig haha OFG! No objections from me girls, Bam Bam might demand some gold landen items, some of my others might demand banana chips too!

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Um, inspector sir - those aren't goats out there...those are dogs. Special, special dogs.

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Just another case of Big Brother trying to take over our lives. I'm sick and tired of it. And not just Big Brother, all the spin-off groups that think they know what's good for me and you. Can I hear a big "HE** YES"!

slinks off whispering "I don't even have goats, or live in Ohio". :hide

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Might as well get on board before they find some way to affect you KC. He!! yeah.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
HEY YOU DUCKS! PUT DOWN THOSE WORMS! THEY ARE DIRTY

oh but i should run right out and get Round Up Ready alfalfa for my dairy goats?

for heavens sakes!

and talk about missing the point - just now on the tv was a gal talking about how she lived in her car. that gal and her kids would have been happy to live with my goats - its dry, warm, and safe ....unlike living on the street.

sheesh!