Ohio Roll Call

Kala

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yes it is!! Even if everyone thinks we're just a bunch of :ya !!!
:lol:

CrimsonRose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I've been here for a while but don't think I've ever posted to this thread! :gig

I'm in southern ohio here about an hour straight south of columbus!

We have 33 rabbits (several are babies) and 13 chickens (several are headed to the crockpot soon) the little garden we do have is all in raised beds because we have awful soil here!

sekinkead

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I thought for sure I already posted in this thread but after reading through all of it I guess I haven't. I am in Licking County about 25 miles NE of Columbus.

We currently have around 33 chickens and 4 rabbits. Hoping to add ducks and goats this year. I also have a huge garden and can or preserve most of it.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What kind of ducks do you want Sekin? I could hook you up with some Welsh Harlequin eggs for cheap if you want to hatch some ducklings. As of this week, mine are all laying :weee Or I could hatch them. I would love to break out the incubator.

sekinkead

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The kids want some call ducks for showing and I wanted to get some meat ducks like a muscovy. Are Welsh Harlequin good egg laying ducks? I will have to research them and let you know. Thanks for the offer, I will let you know for sure!

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Call ducks are so cute! Welsh are some of the best for laying.

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Welcome, Sekinkead. I have show quality white calls ducks. I have 2 breeding trios. One direct from Foley's and one indirectly from Hodum. They recently started laying, but I can't start incubating until around March 28. I do have two males from last year that can be sold anytime.

I think I like my ducks more than my chickens most days. I have a pair of Muscovy that seem to be checking out the best nesting areas. Welsh Harlequin are pretty good layers and would do decent meat, but at my place the Runners are the best layers.

Anyone need a Giant Flemish buck born last spring?

Nickole1618

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all,
New here, from Columbus Ohio. Looking for some space and land to get out of the city!