Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
Farmfresh said:
Denim Deb said:
Yep. It was a dream of mine in childhood to go. Now, I don't want to. Too many people, too much noise, etc. However, they do swim the ponies over later in the year, but I forget the reasoning behind that. Most people don't know about it. If I ever got the chance, I would like to see that.
I believe they do the gelding and more shots etc at that time.

We went to Grant's Farm in St. Louis a few years back and they had a pretty little paddock, white fence and all, in one area with a Clydesdale mare and foal in it. The area had a sign telling the history of the Clydesdales and how Budweiser started the hitch. While we were there we saw a person climb the fence and set their probably year old child on the back of the FOAL and go back through the fence to take the picture!! I thought I was going to DIE! By the time I got there to have my fit (I was trying NOT to spook the foal) they went back through the fence snagged the kid and headed off.

Talk about STUPID!! It was just fortunate that it was a big calm draft foal.
Way more people the we can even know, have wanted or attempted to approach moose to sit on them for a picture.
Welcome to tourism in Alaska, where we apparently have two suns as well.
I have an Alaskan moose story, but I'm here late so I'll save that for another time. Am I too late?? Are you still with us OFG???

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I just strapped her to the bed. Hopefully, she'll stay there.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
TBM is putting Vicks on her feet, so maybe if we tell her she can't walk, it will help.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Do we beat her w/it, tie it around her head (along w/the tinfoil hat) or what?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Put some cheese on those fries and you will feel MUCH better. Forget the herbal tea. Unless it is fruit flavored and fermented.....in a carboy.....Elderberry wine is loaded with antioxidants, perfect for someone who is sick....or coming down with something.....or near someone who has something.....or received an email from someone who was near someone who had something last year...... :p

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I'll force feed her this broth and OJ.I think if someone brings her some bacon we can bribe her to finish. Or pie, is there any pie on the counter? Pie is good for colds, right?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Ooooooo......cheese fries with crumbled bacon on them!!! Guess what will be for lunch or supper one day this week! :drool

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
pie cures everything except possibly gluten intolerance...
The wet socks simply go on your warm feet then get covered in wool socks. Feels really weird but draws mucous right outta your head. Google it! I'm not making this stuff up. I'm just not that clever!