Reaction score
Aren't there already enough nuts at your place? big_smile
you have no idea....

i'vehadalotofcoffeeandi'mtalkingreallyfast

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:lol:

We're thinking about ordering us some more trees too - but this time we're going to plant them in buckets first, let them grow a bit and then put them in the ground. I think we've lost about $200 worth of treelings because we just slapped them in the ground and hoped for the best. :he

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Yay trees!

I'm translating for Nicholas. He says you guys may have managed to shave his tail, but that was under duress. He says while the slim tailed look got him a lot of fans, he feels the weather is not warm enough yet to start the all-over-shave- look trend.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
we got our twigs! i mean.. we got our tree-lets from the county! whooot! ohmigosh - they are barely twigs.. more like little stick-lets. but i'm thrilled. we laughed and said we were glad we didnt bring the big truck. we got 150 "trees" in a grocery sack. hee hee hee oh well.

gleno - i think we'll put putting these little saplings in pots until they are weaned
;-)

KC - dont let him fool you, Nicholas doesnt have hardly any sense at all.

anyway

so then we went to TSC. ohmigosh we had a pretty good laugh.

as we pulled in there was this very trendy gal in hot pink sweatpants. them pants she had on were so neon pink they hurt my eyes. odd but whatever. so we ran right over to the chicks....... and after Ma and Pa Kettle asked a zillion questions, then they finally had to talk it over some more and.....finally..... i got the employee's attention...cuz you know, you cant get your own chicks anymore.

me: gimme 10 meats and 2 of them wyandottes
she: which ones?
me: i dont care honey, just reach your hand in and grab whoever you can get
she: um.. i might need a bigger box...
me: no thats fine - just shove them in we arent going far and we are set up

she gave me that "thank you for not being ridiculous" look. i nodded.

seconds later at the cashier....

for heavens sakes we were behind Hot Pink Pants in line. me with a peeping box of fun. she, self righteous, snotty, and out of place.

Hot Pink Pants: eewww are those like REAL chicks? like chickens?
cashier: yep
HPP: eewwee i hope like people raise them for pets (tears starting to form in her soft little eyes)
cashier: eerrrrr....ummm...sure....
HPP: AUAUGHHGHG you mean people EAT THEM!??!??!?!
cashier: errr.......
me (loudly and holding up box): we're eating these!
HPP: auauaughghghhghhhhh!! (and runs off crying and horrified)

me and cashier blinking and looking at each other. then snickering. than laughing. The Big Man wishing that he could take me anywhere without embarrassing him......

cashier: so whatcha got here?
me: 10 meats and 2 wyandottes........

anyway - we had a big laugh about the whole thing. we cracked ourselves up the whole way home about how that poor gal probably thought we meant we were going to eat the chicks straight out of the box like popcorn on the way home.

then we laughed a lot about how she was gonna write a song about the whole thing. or tweet to her friends about the horrible people at tractor supply. then we really got to laughing about it.

i guess you cant really take us anywhere but at least we have a good time.

and thats what happened in town today.

Holachicka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:lol:!! My 4 year old just asked my why I was laughing at the computer! That's so awesome. I run into that a lot with my city friends. When I had a meat pen, they asked me why those chickens were seperated... I'd whisper,"those are for meat" and the look of horror whould be comical. I've had people tell me they are never going to eat anything at my house ever again!

Curious though, what was hot pink pants buying at the TSC?