Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Oh and as for the words on the butt pants.... bad enough to see them on a grown woman, we have young girls who wear them saying things like, "sweet" :he

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
kcsunshine said:
I want us all to get together and descend on a store with OFG and watch her work. Bet TBM wouldn't even come with us. :lol:

Lord we'd get her kicked out of Ohio!
KC - this was the funniest thing. either i'd get kicked out or elected governor.... ha!

SKR8PN - i tell folks we 'dress' our chicken instead of "butcher" them trying to be polite... but mostly they give me the same look and ask why we put little outfits on our chickens? sigh.....

i dunno what she was buying - we were just hoping she was leaving the farmin' to the grown ups. maybe she was buying the chicken poop lip balm so she could be ironic to all her friends or something??

but i mean, come on... she was in a farm store. what did she THINK was gonna happen? and why say anything like that out loud? like the cashier was gonna say "yeah! meat is murder!" and they could all start crying together about the injustice of the whole thing. pah-lease.

we were half wanting to follow her to the car and see if she had a Burger King bag in the back seat or whatever.

the funniest thing was that while the employee was boxing up my chicks there was a dad and a little girl looking at them. the dad (decently dressed in carharts) said, "dont they look delicious?" and the little girl said "yeah"

i guess it takes all kinds.

anyway

rain rain rain and more rain today followed by even more rain with a side of rain.

thats on the menu today - happy saturday!?!?
ps and yeah DD, i know a bunch of them by name - at two different stores.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
Oh and as for the words on the butt pants.... bad enough to see them on a grown woman, we have young girls who wear them saying things like, "sweet" :he
That's a good idea. We want people to look at our young children and think "what a sweet ass!"

:he

Well, off to work for me. My weekend is Wed/Thu ;)

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
abifae said:
Henrietta23 said:
That's a good idea. We want people to look at our young children and think "what a sweet ass!"

:he

Well, off to work for me. My weekend is Wed/Thu ;)
It could explain why we need a nursery in our HS....

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
abifae said:
kcsunshine said:
We get free horse manure from one lady at our TSC. (I mean real horse manure, not the kind you get from some people). :lol:
:lol:

Folk here sell theirs. Our soil is clay and EVERYONE who gardens wants manure.
Ha! I get mine for free from a gal down the road and over slightly. They have mountains of mixed horse, cow and buffalo (They have an actual white buffalo, and not a sickly one but a good in health one!) and all you have to do is shovel it yourself :D my car was full of **** last tuesday, and I plan on making this a regular occurence. Even bought myself a new shovel just for that!

OFG - your shopping experience sounds like alot of mine :D I have absolutely no filter and I'm not afraid to tell people when they are complaining about stuff in the store and being all hypocritical how they are wrong and why :D

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
We were at TSC yesterday, twice, and my husband actually got inside the chick enclosure (they have had to fence in the chick area inside the store to keep everyone from grabbing and inevitably killing the chicks/ducks/rabbits) to help one of the girls clean the bins and remove dead chicks. They had just gotten in a shipment of bantam chicks and one had already drowned cause they put a big waterer in there with them......:he Hubby grabbed a quail waterer and went to the bathroom and filled it up and switched it out so no more of the itty bitties would drown. Sheesh. I told her to switch the waterer when they got big enough that they couldn't get inside the water and drown.

She picked up one of the waterers in another pen and there were 2 almost dead smooshed chicks under it....THAT was fun for the "city folk" to see.... :lol:

This one poor lady about tossed her cookies when we pulled the chicks out of there and they twitched a bit.

I would love to be a fly on the wall when they let someone take home cornish x meat birds thinking they are gonna get eggs from them..... :gig

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That's just awful Lori! Our TSC was taking excellent care of the chicks yesterday - clean shavings, clean food and water, they all looked very healthy. I just had trouble finding an employee to help me get some.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I have absolutely no filter
No wonder abi and I got along with you when we met! :gig Abi has no filter. I have one but it is small, clogs easily and I prefer to just bypass it on a regular basis :D