Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Well, we are a coddling society. So I guess no shock we'd blame the horse not the stupidity of the homo sapiens.

Yes! We need the WOMBAT STORY!!!!

:pop

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I agree, I need some laughter this morning my kids are driving me nuts..........WOMBAT STORY PLEASE!!!!!

:fl

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
kcsunshine said:
Yeah, it's too bad you can't cure stupid. (I love that saying).
We figured out that you actually CAN fix it...

But its illegal :lol:

and you know i stayed away from the "my wife loves animals" discussion b/c i was afraid i'd say something like....
oh i loves me some animals too! grilled, fried, sauteed, roasted, broasted, slow cooked in a pokey pot.
Well, OFG ya know that's pretty much what everyone else here said :D

:pop I wanna hear about the wombats too!!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
you know i feel pretty bad but my bro is a man of few words and all he said was....

"so there we were asleep in the campervan and all of a sudden all these WOMBATS came running from all over and started attacking the van."

me: wombats?
he: yeah. wombats.
me: so... what does one do when being attacked by womats in a campervan?
he: well. pretty much we went back to sleep.

so that was it. but i have to say that a womat attack was not even remotely a scary as some of their adventures.

pretty much i mocked him for not getting out there and getting all "kung foo fighting" on their womat a$$es. but he doesnt carry an axe so you know.. what do you expect.

but i found some of the funny signs he told me about:

http://www.australienbilder.de/serien/e-rdsign.htm

i'm not lying. apparently womats are a thing to be frightened of. for some. not me. i'll show 'em who's boss.

of course the story i made up in my head was much funnier and involved them running around the campsite wildly in their underpants screaming "wombat! wombat" and all the aussies pointing and laughing at those dang americans and how they cant old their liquor.

;-)

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
i'm not lying. apparently womats are a thing to be frightened of. for some. not me. i'll show 'em who's boss.
yeah, wombats are no joke. they LOOK like a joke, but they've got big, sharp claws.

those road signs reminded me that the first 5 kangaroos i saw in Australia were all roadkill on the way out of Sydney. apparently they get hit ALL THE TIME. and it's not good for the roo OR your car. it's like slamming into a tree.

there were some great road signs you would have loved in New Zealand, ofg. like all the ones requesting that good citizens take every chance they could to kill possum, which are an invasive non-native species and are doing a lot of damage. they have a price on their heads too, so you get paid to kill them. and then they make really soft, warm gloves out of their fur.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
sure i'll kill me some possums. i dont even need to be thanked

;-)

geez i feel like crap. i think i liver failure, or maybe hemorrhagic fever, or was bitten by a tsetse fly or....could be raccoon worms... death is surely on the horizon.***

i think i need a milkshake

*wanders off in fever delirium in search of ice cream *

***note: i'm a well known hypochondriac. the actual diagnosis is "tired with a slight cold." but i still need ice cream. and maybe donuts.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Ohio! Look what i got!

100_0473.jpg

She's refusing milk, but eating everything else - hay, grass, goat feed, and drinking water from a bowl - should I be worried about the refusing milk?