Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Tell the truth....did you let him have a few sips from Debbie? :lol:
who me? ha!

ok to tell the truth.... no i didnt let him sip off Deb - he has REALLY sharp little teeth! and they are 'hooked' back (better for eating bears and the MIL's poodles) so no way on my prize milker. BUT.... when i milked Nibs i sprayed my fingers and let him suck the milk. i swooned and nearly fell of my milking stool!

we are the dorkiest puppy parents - you would all be ashamed of us gushing and cooing over him. tough guys? ha! not us.. TBM proudly carries him around - its a hoot. and then last nite the pup was fussy and tried to howl... it was so cute i nearly burst into tears with love. he made that funny mouth that Snoopy did when he howled. we LOVE having a puppy. the breeder laughed at us as we drove away and called out, "so we'll see you next year?" ha! (shhh.. maybe). i hit me yesterday that um.... very soon we will have four giant dogs. i'm still reeling from it. ZOIKES!

OHMIGOSH SD IS RIGHT - I MIGHT BE A DOG PERSON!!!!

anyway....

i saw something on the news about how older dogs are now being adopted more and more (yay!). but the younger couple they interviewed were just horrible people. they were all "well we're too busy to have kids" (not that there is anything wrong with that) and then she said something like "who on EARTH would want to deal with a puppy! they are SO much work" like it was akin to having boiling oil poured over you or something. all i could think of was:

1. wow they are really missing out on the love
2. those have to be the most selfish people i'd ever seen.

i cant imagine only thinking about myself every second of every minute of every day.

*adjusts cat on lap, looks over at sleeping puppy, glances out the window to see what the hens are squawking at, mentally notes steps to make supper for when TBM comes home tonite.....*

apparently only me and SD are the ones out there at 2am potty training the puppies or something. ha! me and the pup were out there last nite again in the moonlight. he's doing really well but gets over excited with the big dogs are out there running and forgets to pee. of course we think its adorable.

i'm sneaking out again while little Zander is sleeping... i gotta get some work done while i'm pup-free

:)

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
*Hears gigantic thunderclap in the background as OFG finishes her comment on lying to MIL and missing church.....*

:gig That cracks me up the puppy recognized the "milk source"........if you'da had a video of that you could have sent it to America's Funniest Videos, they lap up stuff like that. :p

I am personally very happy some people don't "do" puppy....and that some folks actually prefer elderly dogs only. Bless them for taking the dogs from the shelters and rescues, because the bulk of the dogs there are NOT puppies. But thank goodness people prefer different things, because there are sure a variety of dogs and someone has to raise em up right, so that is a job for people like you, OFG.

But puppies are such special creatures.......I'm a sucker for that cartoon clip from Peanuts that reads "Happiness is a Warm Puppy." And I would burn incense a lot if only they had one that smelled like puppy breath. I've never heard the scientific explanation of what puppy breath is from.....because it is not from mama milk, I can tell you that. Puppies raised on goat milk have it full strength too.

I'm sure that breeder lady LOVES you......I'm surprised she didn't give you a stack of her business cards! You make a great salesperson for akita puppies, you DOG PERSON, YOU! Hah! I made her admit it.

Freemotion next we have to get her to admit she loves GOATS.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Girl, I have one of those baby chest pack things if you want to borrow it. You could just stuff that woolly boy right in and carry him around with you all day long. :p

Since he wont fit in your bra!!! :lol:

Love the pic!!

Good to see you too.

g

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
Not so sure that will ever happen (publicly, at least ;) ) but there are clues within the text.....like protecting the "prize milker" from puppy teeth..... Busted! :D

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
PUPPY POWER! (Yes, I yelled it!) Here comes Zander loping - no make that rolling - down the hill with his red cape flapping in the breeze. Yes, we know you got him a red cape for Halloween, OFG. And all the time Kai sits quietly with her princess crown on sadly shaking her head at all that puppy craziness. We know she never acted like that. :lol:

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
so that is a job for people like you, OFG.
* beams from SD's approval *

and yeah i know that some people just arent made for puppies - which is why you rescue and we have Lucky.... but wow. those folks were just weird. i was wondering if they were a "plant" by the shelter or something. i think they would have made a more convincing argument if they had a mom and kids and said they were just too busy. but these people were nuts. and i had a grudge against them b/c they dressed the medium sized dog in "outfits". that aint right.

savingdogs wrote:

Not so sure that will ever happen (publicly, at least wink ) but there are clues within the text.....like protecting the "prize milker" from puppy teeth..... Busted! big_smile
ha! negative. i told Debbie yesterday that if she stomped or head butted the pup (like she made a move to do) that i'd "heat up the grill and get the knives!" ha! i'm hoping she is going to go into heat soon - and NOT kill Too Short. that guy has to go and i have just the sucker for him (just kidding, Bourbon Red)! ha!

We know she never acted like that. lau
KC - did Kai call you? she's told me this a couple of time. ha! but she's more interested in him now in a good way. and he's always wanting to play with her.

so...

* OFG expertly straps on puppy snuggy baby carrier, holsters puppy sippy cup of home grown/made chicken broth, reaches of fav toy *

... i aint got time for all this standin' around flappin my gums. we have a big day ahead. more yums, poops, sleeps... rinse and repeat. and we are on schedule for chores, more eats, more poops, more "running with the big dogs" and then we have Advanced Problem solving (he can already get out from under a blanket) and Flash Cards - bears and poodles = kill, chickens and ducks = dont kill.... goats = depends on the day.

* OFG takes a big sniff of that new puppy smell, Zander smiles and sticks out his tongue and arfs, "lets go momma!"*

its supposed to rain for the next couple days so we'll have plenty of wrestling with "i'm the boss of you" stances by me and "ok i get it" from little Zander. but he's gonna be a handful - he has already defeated the evil hedgehog toy and wrought destruction on the paper towel tube. there's no telling what else could happen. we already have a nick name for him when he grows into his 'hell yeah'.... we're gonna call him The Black Death... beware rats, dear, and big weird moles! The Black Death and Princess JellyBean are upon you!

:)