Ok I just love this...

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
SNL used to be funny when I was a party hound....LOL...something lost now for me. My age has an effect I guess...HA HA
Not thrilled with SNL anymore.

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
SNL used to be pretty funny....haven't watched it since the early 80s, so I don't know what they do now...but Eddie Murphy as Buckwheat and Mister Rogers was priceless! :D
Let's not forget Roseanne Roseannadanna, Father Guido Sarducci, Weekend Update with Dan Akroyd and Jane Curtin, and of course Mr. Bill and spot.
OOOOOOOOH NOOOOOO!!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
unclejoe said:
Beekissed said:
SNL used to be pretty funny....haven't watched it since the early 80s, so I don't know what they do now...but Eddie Murphy as Buckwheat and Mister Rogers was priceless! :D
Let's not forget Roseanne Roseannadanna, Father Guido Sarducci, Weekend Update with Dan Akroyd and Jane Curtin, and of course Mr. Bill and spot.
OOOOOOOOH NOOOOOO!!
Now you're talking my era!!
I heard or read that SNL's ratings have soared since Tina Fey started doing Palin. I haven't watched in years. (Can't stay up that late and never remember to record!)

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
Woodland Woman said:
Sarah Palin is supposed to make an actual appearance on SNL according to what I heard today.
Keep Tina Fey there she seems liken she does Palin better.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
unclejoe said:
Beekissed said:
OOOOOOOOH NOOOOOO!!
I LOVED Mr. Bill!!! :D And Steve Martin and Dan Akroyd doing Two Wild and Crazy Guys! And who can forget a little later in years....The Church Lady! :lol:

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
unclejoe wrote:
Beekissed wrote:
SNL used to be pretty funny....haven't watched it since the early 80s, so I don't know what they do now...but Eddie Murphy as Buckwheat and Mister Rogers was priceless!

OOOOOOOOH NOOOOOO!!

Now your talking!! Whenever people talk about SNL I tell them that I stopped watching when it wasn't funny anymore.
When all those people left is when it stopped being funny, and it was so much more original.
Eddie Murphy doing those 2 characters could make me cry from laughing so hard.
Ahh, the good ol days, and people wonder why I stopped watching tv, what is there to watch?
Ugh! Now I am feeling old.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
You know, I try to explain to my boys about the good ol' days and I've even introduced them to some of the music, pop culture and the movies...but one can't do it justice.

Food tasted better back then, pop didn't leave a nasty taste in your mouth and actually quenched your thirst, candy was cheaper, better and bigger....well...you get the idea!

I wish we could do some time travel...just once..so my kids could play a neighborhood game of pick-up baseball or football and to see just how long the summers really lasted back then! :)

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Do you know one of my daughters came home one day and asked me if I had ever heard of this guy....
JIMI HENDRIX , ah hello, are you serious?
She was like oh he has some really great music but he died a long time ago so I didn't know if you ever heard of him.
Um yeah, I have every album he ever made, and since I am saying album you know how long ago we are talking since I heard about him.
My son who is 17 though, he loves all the old time music and things that I do. I mean he still listens to all the modern stuff and he plays the guitar.
Sometimes he will learn an old song from back in my day on the guitar for me just to surprise me.
On the PBS station they use to air some of the concert footage of the music back then and he will watch that with me.
We watched a great concert of Queen and then Jimi Hendrix at his breakout concert in Monterey(sp)
So its cool to be able to share that stuff with him, he can't believe all the people that I have seen in concert or that concert tickets use to be $8.00 and then went up to $12.00 and we kids were all like wow who the h##l do they think they are charging that much for tickets. :gig
Now its crazy money.
But its nice to be able to share an interest with him.
Most of them are all gone now, although we see the members of Aerosmith all the time where we live, we saw Steven Tyler out shopping the other day, I use to wait on him and Joe Perry at a restaraunt I use to work at.
They also own a restaraunt 2 towns away from me.
They all live around here and are pretty friendly.
Other than that, its like living in a time warp with the new actors and bands etc.

Your boys might be more interested and taking in more than you think Beekissed.
My girls aren't all that interested in how it use to be, but we still have alot in common with other stuff , plus they like to steal all my clothes so I can't be completely out of touch with these young folks.

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You saw Steven Tyler?? AHHHHH I'm sooo jealous! I love his music!!!!
And the Beatles, and Queen, and the list could go on!