Ok pig people...I just found a stray piglet!!!! (NEW Photos pg 21)

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Great pics!

I agree with free & Bee....he looks happier and healthier! Great job Sally!! :clap you are doing great :)

I know that your DD is a foodie, how about if you delicately bring up the phrase "our own bacon" or "more bacon that we can eat in a year!"....maybe something like that will get her on board......and of course the promise of another piglet next year.

Oh and maybe wait to have this conversation until the pig gets bigger.....like in the 200-250 range, surely he won't be as cute then!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
I :love your St Bernards!! We had them when I was a kid growing up! They were my Mom's dogs and by God you better not lay a finger on my Mom or ANY of us kids if one of those dogs were near!! :clap

That pig looks to be distressed and unhappy. Maybe I should swing by, pick him up and let him room with us for a year. :D :D :D :D

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh, I love those dogs!!! That piggy is looking better every day!!

So let me see, If I stop wishing for a goat and more hens they will just come to me. Ok, here it is.

I NEVER EVER want any goats on my land. (sheesh, I hope this works) Or those big furry slobbery dogs. ;)

g

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
wow, let me just say he couldn't have been dropped at a better home

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I've been told that winter is a great time to raise pigs--less smell. I'm still sitting on the fence as to whether I should raise one in summer or winter. In summer, you can pasture them. In winter, you can get them to till your garden space. Of course, for me, its not going to happen now anyways.

Good luck and enjoy your little piggie!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Good advice Dace (about telling my daughter he could be yummy bacon and ham...her favorite foods.)

Thanks you guys!

SKR8PN, these dogs are such wonderful dogs. Though they have very different personalities, they are very protective of their family. I think since they were both strays they are even more protective of us b/c they don't ever want to be on the streets again.

When I lived in the center of "crime free" :rolleyes: Houston, it was very reassuring to see their giant heads lookin at me through the window when I was unlocking my front door. I knew for a fact no one had the b*lls to break into my house. :D (For girls, they sure have deep, "boy barks". :lol: )

Here is a photo that I'm sure I've posted a million times, but I don't care :p This is Jane (Jane Doe) the best dog in the world!!

912_big_carrots_rabbit_and_chickens_sept_09_085.jpg

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I love your dogs! They are gorgeous... they do look like they take their guarding jobs seriously :)

big brown horse said:
When I lived in the center of "crime free" :rolleyes: Houston, it was very reassuring to see their giant heads lookin at me through the window when I was unlocking my front door. I knew for a fact no one had the b*lls to break into my house. :D (For girls, they sure have deep, "boy barks". :lol: )
This is why I love my pit bulls. When we first got the dogs we lived in a trailer park in a not so nice area... my boyfriend was a truck driver and gone for three weeks at a time, and I always felt safe coming home to big pit bull faces... I know that they would help a robber carry the TV to the car if he gave them a cookie... but not many people will open a door with two barking pit bulls on the other side. :)

ducks4you

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score

Latest posts