Ok pig people...I just found a stray piglet!!!! (NEW Photos pg 21)

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
hwillm1977 said:
I know that they would help a robber carry the TV to the car if he gave them a cookie... but not many people will open a door with two barking pit bulls on the other side. :)
BBH - I really love your dogs - maybe someday I'll get me one of them :love

hwillm1977 - I have an American Bulldog - she's just a puppy still - but I love her bark - it sound very intimidating, but like your pits I don't think she would really hurt anybody - though I don't really want to test that theory.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
When I was MUCH younger, I used to ride a lot. At the house where we kept our horses lived a St. Bernard. That dog was the SLOBBERIEST creature I have ever encountered! We were filthy before we even got to the horses!

How do you manage two??

They are beautiful though :)

HiDelight

Power Conserver
Reaction score
OMG this is too funny and cool at the same time!

we honestly thought you were "joking" you know ...my DH thought for sure this was a rescue and the "wandering in the yard" was a "cover"

great thread ..great story!!!!

hugs from the other side of the bridge ..I am am wanting this big fat deer who comes up the road to our house to wander in to the freezer all cut up and in packages ..but alas not listening

sigh

hugs

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Dace said:
Bee.....are you planning to 'save' little Benson from BBH's Death Camp for Piggies? :gig

Yeah, sure....you and SKR8PN....out to save the piggy :duc
Well....you KNOW I could never kill a piggy :D ...no way....never in a mil'.....and I only offered to bring him to SKR8PN....when I get the chance I'll definitely drop him off...in a year or two....if he's still here and not gone to the great freezer in the sky...oops! :duc

BBH is spoiling that pig rotten and his meat won't be fit to eat when she is done.......oops! Did it again.....I mean....he won't be content until he is living a long and fruitful life here on Harmony Acres where animals never, never, ever get turned into food for us humans. I swear.... :frow
Bee.......I don't think they believe that you and I really and truly do have that little pigs best interest at heart. BBH should just ship him out ASAP so we can started on correcting all that bad training she is forcing him to endure. :lol: :lol:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Where is the halo smiley when ya need one, huh? :D I agree...they obviously find our generous offer suspect for some reason...... :/

....And THIS little piggy went aaallllllll the way to Bee's house! :drool

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You all are too much! Really....now...I think that little piggie would have a better chance here...at Heavens Door Acres. ;) Yup, when the animals get here....they are one step closer to Heavens Door! :p OK, well, not ALL of them. :lol:

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
You guys are all too much!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm pad-locking Benson's gate tonight!!

HiDelight: :frow

Well "Jerry" came over today to castrate the poor little bugger. OOOOOOUUUUUUUUCCCCCCHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! Is all I can say.

Note to all you boy piglet owners, do it when they are very young, under 14 days (says Jerry) is the best. If I would have waited any longer, it would have been more traumatic and I wouldn't have been able to restrain him during the process. It took about 2 minutes to castrate him...but OMG he cried and cried. :hit And now he wont come out of his little house, :( not even for a beloved hard boiled egg. My 13 year old daughter took it pretty hard too. She cried and cried too. :( I finally asked her to go into the house until it was over.

He also got a professional dewormer and a vaccination. He had "hog lice" so the dewormer will take care of that nasty little issue. (I feel itchy now!! :sick )

I enlisted my dear friend (DrakeMaiden) in helping me hold him down. I was supposed to hold him in my lap and hold his back feet up, but I began to worry about him biting me in "sensitive places". (Jerry said that has only happened once to his wife, but I decided not to take that chance...no way!!) So DM and I held him down on a make shift table while it was being done. She on one side holding a front leg and a back leg and me on the other side doing the same thing.

Thanks Drake!!!! I know you were just going to watch...so thank you!!!!! (Last time she came over she got to help me wrangle a sheep...we both got drug all over. :p )

Benson is about 4 weeks old (says Jerry) and weighs about 20 lbs. now! He will be growing 2# per day! :ep

Oh, about the lice, I have to clean his box and discard all the bedding 24 hours after being wormed (I'll be busy tomorrow!). I also need to dust with "horse lice powder" all around his little pen and probably onto his new bedding just to be safe. The lice are species specific, so there is no worry about spreading to my other animals. Jerry says sometimes chickens will just peck off the lice...my chickens want nothing to do with him though.

How to catch and handle a piglet 101: You catch them by their back foot and swing them into your arms right side up. They can't turn their necks much so there is no worry about him turning around to bite. Then you talk to them and scratch their backs. Jerry says it doesn't take long, a couple of days max. They are very smart. :)

Oh and what was done with the left overs? The chickens took care of that. :p My dog turned up her nose to them...go figure. :rolleyes:

I was going to take photos etc. but my hands were tied up the whole time...Jerry made us do most of the work. :p

And guess how much he was going to charge me??? (It took him an hour to get to my house by the way.)

$10 yep, that was it! I talked him into accepting a bit more, but he would have been happy with just $10. :)

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Well BBH, that is just GREAT that you had him castrated AND dewormed for Bee and I!!
One less thing we have to worry about, huh Bee!! :gig :gig

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh, I remember taking our little guys in to get done...we took them to the vet, he only charged 25$ I didnt think that was too bad. His helper grabbed the pig by the back legs, and held him up, head down...and man oh man did that little pig scream. I mean, I am SURE it was painfull...but WOW! I felt bad for the little feller! After a few days tho, he was right back to wanting back rubs. :p Make sure you get pics every few weeks...I cant waite to see how well he grows. Did we ever come up with a possibility of the breed/s??