Okay, so who watched the inauguration? What did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I watched the inauguration yesterday and thought that Obama's speech was pretty good. I thought it was good that he told people that they have to pick themselves up and do something if they want anything to change. I thought about all of us trying to be more self sufficient and thought, you know, we are the kind of people that he is talking to.

Anyone else want to share their thoughts...just curious!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
I was down for the count with a migraine yesterday. I am still playing catch up with the news. A couple from our church went with the community center veterans group to be part of the group at the mall. I thought the Obama "women" looked good in the pics I saw. :) I need to get some work done before I can listen to the speech.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
I watched it online. The traffic on the net watching it must have been huge because it kept reloading with my DSL, which never happened before.

I liked it very much. I agree with your assessment. I would like to see the floodgates on creative green energy open wide, with funding, incentives and implementation so we never have to return to the path of wastefulness we have been on.

I did catch the Chief Justice's goof with the oath. Didn't care for the invocation which I thought unnecessarily lengthy. I thought Obama was to be sworn in before the stroke of noon by law, but my feed may have been delayed, again, from all the traffic. All in all very exciting and hopeful.

I'm kinda girly and was eager to see Michelle's outfit, which I thought was stunning!
I also thought that her dress for the Ball totally rocked!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
sylvie said:
I thought Obama was to be sworn in before the stroke of noon by law, but my feed may have been delayed, again, from all the traffic. All in all very exciting and hopeful.
I heard there were delays.... not the president-elect's fault... just security precautions from the one thing I saw online.

homestead jenna

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I watched it. I thought the tone and message of the speech was pretty much spot-on.

Aretha...very nice.
John Roberts....oof!
Rev What'sHisName...okay.
Rev Dr. Joseph Lowery - that benediction made the day!

I was wondering what was in the To #44 From #43 note that Bush left for Obama - are they saying?

hoosier girl

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I watched it and thought he gave a good speech.
I found one statement I heard (a few weeks ago) to be pretty profound and it has really stuck with me. In a televised interview, an elderly African American lady made the comment that she has lived through the era of segregation to an African American person being elected to lead our nation. Regardless of your political views, that is pretty incredible for that much change to occur within one life time.

curly_kate

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I thought it was a great speech. If he is able to achieve all the things he talked about, it will be quite an achievement. I have to admit, tho, I am VERY skeptical of what any major party politician can accomplish. He has to be in SOMEONE'S pocket in order to get to where he is. That said, I will be extremely happy to be proven wrong.

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I think it's wonderful that he's calling upon everyone to stand up and do their part to help get this country on track. If people would stop bellyaching about everything and just take responsibility for their lives and help their neighbors we'd all be better off.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Sure, nice speech but ANYbody can give a rousing speech (especially with good speechwriters), what matters is what happens next ;)

Aretha Franklin's version of the national anthem was amazing :)

Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.