OkieJonesClan . .city slickers going rural . . lol

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Okiemommy said:
Well I'm still pretty new at doing this myself. I watched my mom do it all my young life but never really got involved in gardening until last year, and my attempts were pitifully feeble. This Year I plan to make charts, lists and a plan of action and try to get organized-this action will further my belief in miracles if I can pull it off!
BAHAHAHA. I am the queen of charts, plans, diagrams, I LOVE to plan things.

I've already drawn out the vegetable garden, the fencing design for the upper fields. Ohhhh man.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
OJC - Kind of late but wanted to jump in and say hi and welcome.

I have been kind of busy lately and have not had time to do much posting. Just now catching up on reading all the stuff I missed.

Have a Happy New Year. Can't wait to hear how that garden grows. I am sure everything will do fine.

OkieJonesClan

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
OkieMommy - We are in your neck of the woods! I am so excited. Thank you soooo very much for the links. They realy help. :clap

We actually live in south Logan county. No one can decide if we are Guthrie or Edmond. The two cities want us for money but don't want any responsibility for utilities or roads . . lol. Neither of the libraries want us either . . I have to PAY to use either library! I just have a problem with paying to use a library :barnie

I will check out those sites and take your advice on planing my garden. I think I will make a trip to the extensions office with soil and my plans and see what help they can offer.

Thank you again!

OkieJonesClan

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wanda - Thanks for the welcome! I love this site :love everyone is so friendly and helpful

OkieMommy - I totaly know what you mean about the additions coming in. They have built 3 by us since we bought our place 2 years ago. It was all ranches and farms. Most of them over 100 acres, but now . .the ranchers and farmers are selling and the additions just keep on coming. Atleast we have our little plots of ground secured. :D

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
OkieJonesClan said:
OkieMommy - We are in your neck of the woods! I am so excited. Thank you soooo very much for the links. They realy help. :clap

We actually live in south Logan county. No one can decide if we are Guthrie or Edmond. The two cities want us for money but don't want any responsibility for utilities or roads . . lol. Neither of the libraries want us either . . I have to PAY to use either library! I just have a problem with paying to use a library :barnie

I will check out those sites and take your advice on planing my garden. I think I will make a trip to the extensions office with soil and my plans and see what help they can offer.

Thank you again!
LOL that is like us up here in Ontario, Canada. We get our mail and our mailing address is Marmora, we pay taxes to Stirling, our telephone thinks we're in Springbrook, we have a Stirling phone number, and live outside the hamlet of Bonarlaw.

We have to pay for the library as well LOL.

OkieJonesClan

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:weee :weee :weee
Happy New Year! Today is my mom's birthday (she is the New Years baby for 1953 :) )

Birthday tradition since she was a kid . .we all go to a movie and then lunch. So, we are off to celebrate my mom and the new year :love

I have to work today, though, :hit , so I will be online tonight when I get to work. Hopefully it will be slow.

:pop :pop :pop

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
Happy New Year! Today is my mom's birthday (she is the New Years baby for 1953 smile )

Birthday tradition since she was a kid . .we all go to a movie and then lunch. So, we are off to celebrate my mom and the new year love

I have to work today, though, hit , so I will be online tonight when I get to work. Hopefully it will be slow.
That's a really cool distinction! Happy New Year to you too! :ya

OkieJonesClan

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow! What a glorious day. We have had a mild winter thus far. Today it is so warm and sunny, it felt like spring! My DH and I walked the property, measured the garden area, scoped out the spot for the chicken coop, found places to clear for fruit and nut trees, planned out our "social" area's of the property (a fire pit with benches and small tables next to the older kids fort and zip line) and started working on clearing loads of trees. I think we got 10 cut down before I left. The boys did that while DD and I raked leaves and put them in the plot I hope to use for pumkins next year. Hopefully the soil will be useable then.

I wanted to finish making the cloth napkins and hankies I started the other day, but it was so wonderful outside that is where I worked. We opened the windows in the house, turned off the heater and enjoyed the sun and fresh air. The hankies and napkins will get done (maybe tomorrow if we don't have small group after church . . :)

I am at work now and it is slow enough that I think I will finish younger DS's slippers I started crocheting on New Years. I think I will give them to him for his birthday. He has been wanting me to make them for a couple of months.

edited for spelling

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Your kiddos have a fort and zip line!! They are so lucky!! It sounds like you are going to have an awesome yard this coming summer!
I hope your napkins and hankies turn out good whenever you do get them done!!

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
Oh we are wanting to do a zip line too! We saw it in a book at home depot! What a cool idea! The kids have a swing set with a "fort" in the top of it that came with the property, but it's showing some serious wear and tear, so eventually we would love to build them a fort. I would love to be able to build them a tree house too!!! It was a beautiful day today wasn't it :love We took the kids outside and they played with the chickens and in the dirt and on the swing set. It's making me ready for spring!! Are you getting spring fever yet? I'm getting it bad! :weee :weee :weee :weee