Onion storage

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Even roasting them to steam the skins off... done outdoors on a grill is a painful experience!

Yeah... Try the food processor, then onto cookie sheets bake @ 165 with the door cracked to dry further then into jars. Its a pepper head's dream come true.

uploadfromtaptalk1412442851856.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1410456824087.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1410456984009.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1412442801559.jpg

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Those peppers look so pretty.

I was at the farmers market in Cheyenne with a friend and looking at everything for sale when I walked into a cloud of smoke from the roasted peppers. I instantly started coughing and wheezing and crying and all that good stuff. I have an "intolerance" to bell peppers, if I eat even a small dice of bell pepper I will be sick to my stomach with a headache for a couple of days. It was explained to me that intolerance will make you sick, but allergy can kill you ...
Usually the chili peppers don't bother me too much, but the smoke was too much and I had to find a place to sit down and wait until I could breathe again. It scared the ja-heebes out of my friend to see me go all red in the face and sound like I was dying.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's kind of a hassle, but the best way I ever found to store onions was in stockings (or pantyhose)... drop one in, twist tie it, then another and another twist tie. You want them not touching other onions as even that can cause a bit of humidity between the two that can start rot. Looks weird hanging in your pantry though....

Latest posts