tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Hey! So sorry to hear that! Pretty sure that's what my DH and I had a couple years ago, luckily the baby didn't get sick but we could barely look after him. We were staggered in our sickness by several hours so the "least sick" (i.e. whomever was vomiting less) person had to parent.
Anyway, the flu is tough, sorry you had to go through that.
...though interesting that it led to some purging lol

That sounds wicked to both have it at the same time! Fortunately, we had it in succession... and I had it remarkably mildly. The prospect of bleaching everything every day for a couple weeks makes me want to make "everything" smaller! I didn't notice the pun "purging" until reading your comment! LOL! :gig good catch!

A few new gift toys are going straight to goodwill. It's a start. I also noticed a puzzle DS2 has outgrown and pulled that one out. I really need to focus on utility areas though!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Spending this weekend trying to clear up a lot of little jobs I've been putting off or those that need done regularly anyway, just trying to go into the new year with some areas cleaned up.

Making laundry soap today....ran out a couple weeks ago and was using Mom's detergent until I got around to making my own. Commercial detergents always give my clothing more static and right now I can't touch anything without getting shocked. Time to get back to my own, wonderful detergent so I won't be shocked all day long. The house smells very clean while the soap is cooking, even when it's not. :D

Washing coats and jackets, rugs, fleece blanket throws, fleecy bathrobes, throw pillow covers, etc. I often overlook these things when I do laundry but today I'm gathering up some for washing. Giving them all the smell test to determine which ones get priority.... :sick :gig

Got all the calendars switched over, appointments and other dates filled in, hope to get some forms filled out and my desk decluttered...it's a T total hot mess!

Cleaning the bathroom just because it needs it anyway in the middle of all the other things I'm trying to remember to clear out. You know how you do...you are trying to concentrate on one chore, but it requires you to go into this or that room and you notice that room needs sprucing? So you try to hit it a swipe here and there as you pass through it several times in your cleaning of clutter in spots elsewhere?

I'm easily distracted.... :oops:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Same here, Bee, same here… I usually go into DS's bedroom to clean, take something from there to the kitchen and see something in the kitchen that needs doing… Or decide on the way up or down that the carpet needs sweeping or the fireplace needs cleaning so I can make a fire and where was I? Oh, DS's bedroom.

I've done one of those wipe the walls, wipe the windowsills, wash the couch cushion covers cleans this week. Still got a bit to do, but I'm winning and happy with the progress.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I don't think I'm winning...wicked dust bunnies keep ahead of me, somehow. Heating with wood seems to accelerate that activity.

I'm glad it's not just me that gets distracted...some days I wonder which project I had started first and if I'll even get one of them done before the day is out because I can't settle down to just one.

Lists...lists are great! If....I can remember to look at them. :confused:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Wood burners do make a lot of mess and dust. I found that myself now, along with the ashes and mess from the sticks and coal that needs to come in too. But the heat they give off more than makes up for the extra work.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
We used to have a big dust bunny. Couldn't get rid of her. And, then she died. She was my DD's cat.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Right now our worst problem is the dog. She needs to be brushed out and I've been too busy. She almost looks like she has a tutu on, because the extra undercoat is making the hair around her hips stand straight out, lol. I can vacuum and the next morning it looks like it hasn't been done in a week. Maybe this weekend... *sigh*

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Kitchen got cleaned! Not organized, but clean!

We invite people over just to have the motivation and focus to clean up.:rolleyes:

On my DHs birthday I did a clean of out of our bedroom; which is small and was totally out of control. Went into the city to do a big load of laundry because I had gotten too far behind to catch up without a dryer.

So, progress! By 2019 I want to be able to say I have all my rooms organized...is that too ambitious lol?