treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Decluttering organizing:

I tackled a good pile of papers last night.
Today maybe I'll finally get that kitchen taken care of!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I'm getting overnight visitors in the new year, so I need to get my house straightened out a bit too. Starting with the kitchen area where for some reason a lot of things took to hiding behind the table. And the still not unpacked stuff that landed in the spare bedroom.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I tackled a good pile of papers last night.
Today maybe I'll finally get that kitchen taken care of!

I'm working in "zones" too. Thursday night went thru a huge mound of papers, boxes of documents, etc. , a small closet & some "occasional" cleaning jobs in 2 rooms -- scrubbing over doors, baseboards, ceiling fan blades, cleaning windows, etc.
Felt good to get it done. I am off for week now, so hope to do same in 2 more rooms. Then, go thru another (& another & another!) stack of boxes of mom's stuff. In the mood to work thru all that backlog now -- it's tedious because you have to look at every envelope & pages of whatever. She had the "big A" and I found she had constantly moved & misplaced everything. Some paperwork, pictures and who knows what all. A lot of family history will be kept. Eventually, the upstairs will be changed back from storage units & furniture set back up!

Have a stack of things to donate and it will be growing. Would love to reclaim my house. There are a lot of MY things I will remove, some I even forgot I had. LOL My life had taken on a different dimension for a few years. Time to regroup. Would love to set up my sewing room again.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've been slowly organizing and decluttering here, so I won't end up with trails, @Chic Rustler
It's work I hate, but I know I need to do it; and this way I can get my taxes done sooner as well.

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
If you can believe it, I still haven't gotten the kitchen cleaned yet, and I would really love to do some organizing since most things were just placed somewhere when we moved in.
It can be tough to completely clean a space that your using three times a day. One step forward, two steps back
tongue.png

Going to tackle some of it now!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
We got norovirus for Christmas, so I have been cleaning and bleaching and bleaching. Lots of things can't be bleached and are going straight in the trash. Too bad I wasn't able to see their low value to us and donate them before they got contaminated.

I was so overwhelmed with all the cleaning i had to do to clear surfaces so I could bleach. Yuck! I'm more determined to purge than ever! I just need to find energy and time - simultaneously! :gig

Removing things due to the cleanup also reminds me how happy my kids are **without** toys and makes me hesitate putting them back. They played imaginatively for hours without a single "toy". Why do I have all these toys? Exactly? Guilt. It's guilt because Grandma gave it to us. DH is especially guilty of keeping gifts out of guilt or obligation. :sigh:

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I took an 18 gallon tub of jars and rings out to the shed. That helped a lot in my little house. Will be shifting full jars so I can put the empty fish jars back into their box.

If hubby wasn't good at bringing stuff home and just setting it everywhere and bad at doing any cleanup, I'd be happier. It's a daily uphill battle.

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We got norovirus for Christmas

Hey! So sorry to hear that! Pretty sure that's what my DH and I had a couple years ago, luckily the baby didn't get sick but we could barely look after him. We were staggered in our sickness by several hours so the "least sick" (i.e. whomever was vomiting less) person had to parent.
Anyway, the flu is tough, sorry you had to go through that.
...though interesting that it led to some purging lol

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I can't get this house clean until I get rid of junk. My problem is finding the time to do it. Plus, I also have a puppy that wants to get into everything. I have made some progress, but it's slow.

Latest posts