NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Clutter.... Oh I can't even begin to talk about the clutter. My husband is a borderline hoarder and has zero attention span so stuff ends up everywhere. And my daughter is... Well she's 4. Sigh.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
We are slowly working to the point where we have a place for everything and we keep putting everything back in its own place. That takes time and concentration, but I'm hoping to achieve it this by this year or the next. It's taken us years just to get to this point of organization!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Bee, your tool room looks great. I love your Grandma's old copper kettle too! What a treasure! I love old things in my kitchen that I still can use.

I have been working on organizing around here. Problem is, it means we have to build or repair something and you know how that goes. Good news is we finished the last of the fence, need some finishing touches, but all the big part is done. Slaughtered a pig yesterday, another one is scheduled for Friday. Then one more to go. Always something to do, but maybe now I can get back on repairing my tool room. Then I can clear out the clutter in the portable building! And maybe we can finish the feed and tack room and get saddles and feed out of the portable building. Then it will be empty and I'll need more stuff. o_O

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I love what you've done. Isn't it a good feeling to see all that hard work in that neat, organized room.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
We filled a 20 years dumpster. I bet we could fill another! (DH disagrees.)

I have 3 brown paper grocery bags for goodwill. Considering that I've been purging for YEARS and just did a major purge last December, filling those bags was an accomplishment! I'm still going. Purged my wardrobe with seasonal changeover too! I have about 30 pieces of clothing, not counting undies, socks, etc. But I purged all of that stuff too.

The more I purge, the less I buy. Good for space and budget!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Slaughtered a pig yesterday, another one is scheduled for Friday. Then one more to go. Always something to do, but maybe now I can get back on repairing my tool room. Then I can clear out the clutter in the portable building! And maybe we can finish the feed and tack room and get saddles and feed out of the portable building. Then it will be empty and I'll need more stuff. o_O

Pig slaughtering in this weather???? :th Man, I don't envy you THAT job!!! How do you get it all done before the flies attack everything?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
@NH Homesteader - I have used flylady.net (baby steps, really!) and later A Bowl Full of Lemons challenges to cut the clutter. My ADHD symptoms improve when I'm in a clutter-free space.

Mine too. My mind is so all over the place all the time that neat spaces works to soothe that feeling and helps me get centered down on a task better.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks @tortoise, I'll check it out! My anxiety is much better with less clutter!!

We hwve to slaughter a pig in the next few weeks too. Make that 2 pigs. Ughhhhhh

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score