1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official SS Poll: What do you do to eliminate bills / cut down expenses?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. 4 Thieves Vinegar - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. SS Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Organizing and decluttering the homestead

Discussion in 'Everything Else Homestead Living' started by Beekissed, May 29, 2017.

1. Aug 9, 2019
    frustratedearthmother

frustratedearthmother Sustainability Master

I was incredulous when she told me she had 10K stashed in the freezer! I hate to say it...but dang...she shoulda known better. That's a whole stack of money even if it was all $100dollar bills. I just don't get it...

My mom was the same way and hid a lot of money in her house. Unfortunately, when Hurricane Harvey demolished the place a whole lot of cash probably floated away or was liberated by the groups of people that 'helped' in their neighborhood or was simply thrown away. Thankfully they had a huge safe that was bolted to the floor and had a lot of things like guns and her silver collection that no one was able to access.

2. Aug 10, 2019
    Lazy Gardener

Lazy Gardener Super Self-Sufficient

My FIL stored cash in a gas grill we bought him as a Father's Day gift. MIL said, what ever you do, don't ever start up that grill. He has 1K hidden in it!

sumi and Mini Horses like this.