baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our neighbor keeps a roll off box because he has an AC and heating business. he told us to dump whatever we want to in it. Last week we took a load over of stuff out of the house and general crap that has stacked up outside.

henless

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Last week we took a load over of stuff out of the house and general crap that has stacked up outside.

Where does it all come from? I'll have a cleaned off table or the counter by the back door. Next thing you know, you can't even see the table or counter. Lay 1 thing down on it, and it seems to sprout into multiples over night. Never ending.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Where does it all come from? I'll have a cleaned off table or the counter by the back door. Next thing you know, you can't even see the table or counter. Lay 1 thing down on it, and it seems to sprout into multiples over night. Never ending.

I always ask the same thing! It's amazingly fast how quickly we obtain more stuff after having a huge clear out of stuff...it's like feeding gremlins after midnight.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
My biggest problem: I flit from one task to an other, and set things down... so I can go back to them again... later... I really need to organize all of my "to do" stuff in appropriate containers.
Exactly. And I end up with a bigger mess

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My biggest problem: I flit from one task to an other, and set things down... so I can go back to them again... later... I really need to organize all of my "to do" stuff in appropriate containers.

i'm a horizontal organizer, out of sight is out of mind when it comes down to projects. so if someone starts moving things around i'm all messed up. luckily i have Mom mostly trained to leave my room alone. clutter doesn't bother me (i don't leave food containers or dishes or clothes laying around) but dusting does. so i do that only a few times a year. i'm in the middle of dusting the floor finally and have also cleared off several shelves and dusted those so i've made good progress. i hope to finish by the end of the year. :)

i still have beans to organize, some squash seeds drying and then some other things to do too, but they are all good winter projects. i make progress through time. one thing for sure with a small house and one room for all of my stuff that if anything comes in something else has to go out.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Winter is declutter time inside the house. Yesterday and today I've been working on file cabinets that haven't been organized for nigh on 9 years now, I think . LOTS of things I'm able to trash and I'm finding things that I don't recall seeing the last time around. I'm examining every piece of paper this time so nothing gets lost in the shuffle.

Feels good! Since Mom isn't familiar with my filing system, I'm going to ask her to just place things to be filed on top of the cabinet for me to file later on. I'll have to get a tray and label it for that as she's likely to forget and just jam things any place in the cabinet, as she has been doing.

I rather enjoy organizing files, I've found. I used to use slow time at work to go through different drawers and cabinets and clean up, streamline and organize forms, supplies, and files. Always feels good to be able to actually FIND things when you are busy and don't have time to look through clutter.

Latest posts