Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Bee, I sure could use your help here with Dad's stuff!!!
From the sounds of your Dad's stuff, LG, I'd be working on that for a year or more! I don't envy you that task....he had quite a varied life and currently has a very complicated one. But, if I lived nearby, you can bet I'd try to help. :hugs :hugs

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's about "time" and interruption of projects. We start and stop too often as things happen that need our attention. I often find those treasures I had "lost" when going thru the piles I've made. :)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm looking at our table, it has an ivy plant on it, some jars and egg cartons. I need to clean it off so I can spread garden seed all over it! LOL LOL

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
It's about "time" and interruption of projects. We start and stop too often as things happen that need our attention. I often find those treasures I had "lost" when going thru the piles I've made. :)

Those treasures I had lost, when I found them I made several copies of them and placed them in various places, hoping I could find them once again when I need to! :D I'm hoping I'll find them again due to the sheer number and places I put them this time.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Last year we didn't clean out the shed and this past year we have been working hard on so many different projects that the shed has become a nightmare of clutter....a lot of extra stuff in there from the farm startup and just extra everything.

It's embarrassing to show just how bad it is, but once again, I find before pics are important, if for nothing more than to remind me of just how bad things can get in a couple of year's time. Today we started late, took too many breaks, experienced a power outage that lasted a few hours, etc., so didn't get it done today, but will continue tomorrow for the finish.

Had Eli put up a few long shelves on the end caps to increase storage space/capacity~used repurposed pallet wood for those~ and he'll likely build me a large work bench along one wall tomorrow with additional storage underneath to add even more storage options. That too will be built mostly from repurposed pallet wood.

DSCF0003 (1).JPG

DSCF0001 (2).JPG

...and all things removed from the shed and outside on a large tarp....and there's also things from out of the shed you can't see in this pic. Yeah...that's how bad it is. Embarrassing to have this much STUFF! We'll be hauling a full 4x8 trailer load out of here to the dump, will be selling off excess equipment and tools, donating even more stuff to the Restore Store and Good Will.

The goal is to reduced the actual amount of stuff, but also organize the rest of what we have so we can actually FIND it when we need it.

DSCF0009 (1).JPG

Will post the after pics, for sure. After this huge chore comes the decluttering of the outside of the shed, a chore I've not had time to do for several years now, but am determined to get to this season.

henless

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I've got to clean out my shed too. I plan on working on it this weekend, since next weekend is FREE dump day. You have to have your junk loaded and ready to go when they open, otherwise they fill their bins early and you can't dump.

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I separate my trash burnables, non burnables (diapers) and cans. The non burnables are taken to town. The cans have piled up for about 4 years with multiple neighbors who scrap saying they love to get them. Now the stack is HUGE and filling up the feed room.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Bee, you could probably hold a yard sale, and off load a lot of what you consider to be junk! You get my bonus points for tackling such a job.
We could, that's for sure! But....I don't think anyone would come to a yard sale that's 20 mi. from the nearest town and 1/4 mi. back from the hard road. One would have to have some pretty nice stuff for folks to drive that far and away.

We could haul it to Joel's house to sell it, but he's got so many projects going right now and the outside of his house has no room for displaying said items.

Would be nice if they had an ongoing yard sale site in town like they do farmer's markets, wherein country folk could come, pay a fee to set up a table or tarp, and sell off their excess junk...I mean...um...stuff. Not a flea market thing but just like a yard sale, where you could come once, sell all your stuff and then no more.

But, if you are like me, you'd sell stuff and then buy other people's stuff, so I'd be no better off at the end of the day.