Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
My Mom used to be very organized and good about putting things back where they belong...but now she doesn't remember where she got them, so if she puts them back at all, it's far from where she found them. Always an Easter egg hunt to find dishes, silverware, utensils, tools, etc.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It can’t be all bad about not putting tools away. I leaned a square point shovel against the porch because I was too tired to take it back to the portable building. Then I proceeded walk past it 100 plus times a day, never picking it up. Then Paris and I found a copperhead on the porch! I grabbed that shovel I didn’t put away and chopped up the copperhead! And guess what? I leaned the shovel back up against the wall….. :lol:

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I always keep a hoe, spade, garden fork in the garden. I would waste so many steps if I didn't do that. I have mounted a plastic open ended mail box on the garden fence. It's a handy place to stick a pair of gloves, packet of seed, jar of epsom salt, clippers, ball of twine... all those little things that I need on a daily basis!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
It can’t be all bad about not putting tools away. I leaned a square point shovel against the porch because I was too tired to take it back to the portable building. Then I proceeded walk past it 100 plus times a day, never picking it up. Then Paris and I found a copperhead on the porch! I grabbed that shovel I didn’t put away and chopped up the copperhead! And guess what? I leaned the shovel back up against the wall….. :lol:
You make a great point, Bay! I had a snake drop out of the rafters, right onto the back porch the other day and I didn't have a single thing to kill it with! I think with the tools we have two of, that I'll establish a tool corral up nearer the house so we can grab them easier.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
You wouldn't drive me nuts either....it would be like living with Mom. She does the dishes up and never leaves any overnight, rats around straightening and cleaning things up and I love it. I do the big declutter and the ongoing putting things away outside and she does the daily choring of dishes, sweeping, laundry, etc. We work well as a team, always have.

Latest posts