Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Got T post storage complete, which also created a space to store smaller flat items in behind it, such as pieces of cattle panel, plastic trellis, rolls of plastic mesh, etc. The T post storage worked so well! It also holds my tamping bars, post hole diggers and metal track/strips I'll be using for other projects.

Today, a day of rest and a day of rain, which is perfect!

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I’m highly organized and a complete slob.
I can relate to that. The last 2 times I needed all of us in the truck I had to put several large items in the back and glad the kids are still small. There is usually room enough for just me in a 4 door truck with less room in the back than the wife's trunk. Yet if at work and I'm in a lift or something I tell someone where to find 1 grinding disc or something of the same size, sometimes finding things in the dark by feel more than seeing.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I'm the opposite...I'm not a slob but still struggle to stay organized! I'm what folks call ADD, so if I don't stay organized in a lot of areas of my life, then I find myself lost as to where I last put something. Even WITH organization, I struggle with where I last put something! :D My mind is racing with thoughts at all times, so when I'm walking from place to place with something in my hands, it could wind up anywhere in that journey as I'm thinking of other things~then I see it there later and realize, "Hey! That's not where that goes!" and then proceed to put it up. It's been a constant struggle all my life, but organizing things helps me try to keep things straight.

Marie2020

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We tend to the drop thing also.....the shed porch, the picnic table and the carport are favorite drop zones for things we are using for various projects.

Eli was working on the tractor the other day and was asking where something was he couldn't find and I told him, "It's right back where you FOUND it in the first place....I spend most of my days putting things back where you found them." He's got a bad habit of just dropping things wherever he last used them and, if I want to find things ever again, I go around putting these items back where they belong.

Then there is me, who has a bad habit of leaving things in mid-project, with full intensions of getting to them "later" but then rarely ever get back to them for a few months down the road.....meanwhile, I'm having to walk around the mess of the half built object.

So, like you, I have to periodically clean up the property, making a big sweep of all the outside surfaces to find all the stray tools, scrap lumber, pieces of wire and fencing, etc. It looks soooo much better when I'm done and each time I swear I won't let it get so bad.....and then it just....DOES. :barnie
I could do with you I'm always losing things because I don't put them back especially in my kitchen

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Pics of before on this back of the shed project....a whole lot of mess.

DSCF0213.JPG

That old cabinet didn't have much in it but misc. hardware, some old plumbing stuff, odds and ends of misc. junk. Big, inefficient use of space and a good place for mice and bees to nest.
DSCF0214.JPG

Had to pry it off that wall with a big tamping bar, as Dad had put it up there with spike nails...he didn't mean for it to come off in his lifetime and it didn't.
DSCF0219.JPG

...and from the other end, where you can tell I don't have good places for scrap and T posts. Everything just falls down when I pull something out of there.
DSCF0215.JPG

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
After....
DSCF0242.JPG

...that space before...

1627781063564.png

After.....

DSCF0244.JPG

...that space before....

1627780770364.png

Tarp storage out of a scrap of cattle panel. The yellow tags are cattle tags zip tied to a grommet, showing the size of each tarp. Was tired of guessing the size, only to find out I had picked the wrong one for the job once I had it spread out.

DSCF0245.JPG

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
After....
View attachment 16499

...that space before...

View attachment 16505

After.....

View attachment 16500

...that space before....

View attachment 16503

Tarp storage out of a scrap of cattle panel. The yellow tags are cattle tags zip tied to a grommet, showing the size of each tarp. Was tired of guessing the size, only to find out I had picked the wrong one for the job once I had it spread out.

View attachment 16502
You did such a great job!!!!!!! woohoo to you