Our Farm-2 Years Ago to Now

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
GREAT JOB!!:clap

I am about ready for some fencing changes. Been here 18 years! Things don't last forever :old

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
And your neighbor? How's he doing with his health issues? The fence looks fabulous ntastic, and you've obviously got a GREAT neighbor. Love the pics and description!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our neighbor went for a check up not long ago and was declared cancer free. He has regained his strength and is fairly healthy. He and his wife got one of the pigs we recently raised. I wound up doing most of the processing because she is in no shape to do so and wouldn't do it if she could. He didn't know how, so I showed him. They are both great friends to have.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
One good turn deserves another. I like to find friends & neighbors who barter time as well as they do tangibles. It all works for me. Builds a community that can rely on one another.

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
One good turn deserves another. I like to find friends & neighbors who barter time as well as they do tangibles. It all works for me. Builds a community that can rely on one another.
I definitely find that's the way it works here. Sometimes it's quid pro quo and sometimes just casual "help a person (or household) in need". To me, what's important is to give & be open to receiving. That's the substance of real friendship—as distinguished from "friendliness" and "acquaintance".

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So good to hear your neighbor is now doing well also. :) He's become a part of your story now and we'll need updates now and then. :)

That fence looks fabulous. I get tired just working on the little better fences we have here. My dad would say (highest praise ever!) that it is a "good job well done" Thanks for sharing!

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Just seeing this now; what a lovely property and what a lot of work you've put into it! Love the fencing and such a nice barn:) Your animals are lovely:love

I had been thinking about doing a thread for my place, but it will take us 20 years to do what you did in 2!