Our President is a Nobel Laureate

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
He is literally and figuratively in the cross-hairs for every thing he does.
Isn't every President?

No matter who our President is, there is always those that strongly oppose or strongly agree with whomever President we have.

This one is no different.

What has me scared is all the references to the US sitting at the table with the rest of the world talk....but yet at the same time I rejoice...simply put, for those who are adamant that God isn't real, one rule goverment was predicted in the Bible....which means we're not that far off from the scriptures that say, "Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Christ is Lord."

Rocky times are ahead! Are you prepared?

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Actually, I DID take it up with the committee. I wrote them the day the award was announced and chided them for tarnishing the reputation of the Nobel Peace Prize by giving it to someone who had done nothing to earn it. I also quoted the foreign press's assertion that it was an embarrassment to the international community and an affront to past winners.

Do you really think that Mother Theresa would have fostered a discussion such as this, or a comparison with other nominees? Of course not...because her life's work showed her to be deserving. No one would argue with that. Is our world so bereft of truly good people that one only now has to THINK about the good things they would like to do in order to be given such a prestigious prize?

And finally, a barb such as "so go out and nominate someone better" is in the same league with a "neener neener" taunt, and demonstrates an ignorance about the nominating process itself. There is a well-defined list of qualified nominators, and for some reason they have not chosen to include me.

Under ordinary circumstances, I would never mention the name Michael Moore. In this case, I think he had a point when he said: Congratulations on the award, Mr. President. No go earn it.

sylvie said:
Ldychef2k said:
Meet the People Who Were Passed Over for Obama
A list like this could be compiled for an argument against every winner every time. These are amazing accomplishments as are those of the others in the 400 person pool of nominees.

As FC suggests, take it up with the committee.
Or even better, nominate someone that you think worthy and campaign like the dickens for them next time.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thing is alot of people think he does deserve it.
alot do not.

it was not the Presidents call in any way.

the Nobel Committee is who the grievance should be against.

anyone and everyone who wants should write a letter like you, should do it.....---some saying NO WAY, some saying GOOD JOB.

Anyone who comes out publically and said the Pres. did not earn it is their opinion. Nothing else. -----Michael Moore. In this case, I think he had a point when he said: Congratulations on the award, Mr. President. No go earn it. --------A case of misdirected anger.

This is saying the Pres. did not earn it. THAT IS HIS OPINION. Nothing else.

I am sure there will be tons of funny, sarcastic, mean misdirected anger at the Pres. for winning. So what, many are praising the decision also.

I just don't think it is a giant deal because it is up to the Nobel to continue their good name and good cause and they made the decision.

ducks4you

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
He applied for it back in February...when he doing all those wonderful things....what were they?????????????
(Guess he gets some money for this--GOOD MOTIVATION!)

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
ducks4you said:
He applied for it back in February...
Can you please provide reference or documentation for this?

As far as I know, someone nominated *him* (something he does not necessarily have any control over), not "he applied for it"...

Pat

Reaction score
ducks4you said:
He applied for it back in February...when he doing all those wonderful things....what were they?????????????
(Guess he gets some money for this--GOOD MOTIVATION!)
Do you truly believe that? Please be real.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Can you nominate yourself???????? I don't think so. Of course I am not privy to all the inside info.

Oh well, in 50 years we will know. Personally I won't be here unless I live to be 107. So all you young whipper snappers need to remember this thread.

As I always say - a hundred years from now none of this will matter. So while the Nobel Prize committe may continue to surprise me. This is not the first time and I doubt seriously it will be the last.

And in the BIG PLAN - Who knows. This may work to the benefit of the US or the World. If so great. Only time will tell.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL 2dream

you gave me a flashback.

My Mom always says that on the petty things in life---- a hundred years from now none of this will matter.

You got me thinking definitely! It is so true! In 100 years from now SO MUCH won't matter.

It is best to remember what truly will effect this global world 100 years from now...and worry about those matters and make them first and foremost.

Cool