Our President is a Nobel Laureate

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Well said and very true.

However, when there "must" be war, we must be very, very careful in determining that and executing that on other's soil.

Reaction score
Our last President didn't keep us safe through war. The safety was provided by the Patriot Act and a lot of work done by the FBI and other law enforcement agencies. He actually made us bigger targets with his unjustified war. He should have stayed in Afghanistan. We may have actually accomplished something over there by now.

Yes a lot of countries have gone to multiple wars. There are war mongers in every society and there are always leaders that feel the need for more power, or countries in need of depleted resources. Sometimes war can't be avoided. We haven't had that situation here since WWII.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
by Obama winning, maybe it gives more emphasis to show our govt. that people are looking for a true global change. More understanding between countries, less and less massive weaponry per country, more clean air and water solutions, more humanity, etc. etc.

maybe by him winning, the pressure is on our Pres. to truly act on his promises......so this could be a great thing.

the Prize is not just for completed efforts, it is for showing worldwide hope and promise that more can be achieved. it is based on hope and honor and goodwill and the future also. it is for steps in the right direction to make monumental changes globally also. maybe some great can come of all this. put us more into a true straight great path. if more countries came to the table to discuss worldwide issues, without despising our country, think of the more greater good that could be accomplished.

great hopes! :)

me&thegals

Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
by Obama winning, maybe it gives more emphasis to show our govt. that people are looking for a true global change. More understanding between countries, less and less massive weaponry per country, more clean air and water solutions, more humanity, etc. etc.
True, true. It would be blissful to see a different direction, a more positive one.

I still don't see why a nobel would be awarded for good intentions. Despite my constant commenting on these political threads, I have not been following politics all busy summer. Has Obama been actually doing more than I know about? I think I just read something about the Secretary of State (I think) trying to repair relations with the UN. Anyway, have there been more things going on than that and diplomatic talks with Iran?

Blue Skys

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Big Daddy said:
Prize is about 1.4 million. You have to win the Nobel Peace prize. You can't buy it.. I hope he donates his winnings to ACORN.
Off topic...

Why would you not want it to go someplace where it would be helpful - like healthcare you think everyone else should pay for, or to help with that national debt that's been racking up?

Instead you want it to go to criminals and liars. :hu

Continue with discussion.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It is the Nobel's standards and policies for their awarding the Prize.

All awards and prizes have their standard of judging. The Prize has been awarded to MANY people that have not achieved a specific goal, but are making monster steps in the right direction for a great good cause.

it has always been the way with the Nobel.

I just think there has to be a monster forward move in this world. The entier world. And our country has not moved forward at all to the best intentions---words always sound great, but action is needed. True action and the Pres. has actually taken some action toward more global peace and all I can say is I hope this all works....lol....I gotta back him right now....he needs time. We need time. Everyone needs some time to adjust, think, find the best alternatives and move forward.

I mean what else can we truly do??

Reaction score
Well he had the talks with Iran. Talked to Chavez. Addressed the UN, I guess we haven't had a President do that in a long time. He sent BC to Korea. They took that as a great honor that we would send an important person and let those women go. He was on the Letterman show and he reads to his kids and brushes his teeth. He's done a bunch of other stuff too that I can't remember. He's given the rest of the world hope just like he gave us hope. Unfortunately the domestic stuff is getting badly stalled.

Reaction score
Blue Skys said:
Big Daddy said:
Prize is about 1.4 million. You have to win the Nobel Peace prize. You can't buy it.. I hope he donates his winnings to ACORN.
Off topic...

Why would you not want it to go someplace where it would be helpful - like healthcare you think everyone else should pay for, or to help with that national debt that's been racking up?

Instead you want it to go to criminals and liars. :hu

Continue with discussion.
Actually Acorn does a lot of good stuff. However I was just kidding. I too would like to see it go to help out poor children or something.

By the way, not all of Acorn is bad. They just have a few bad nuts. The thing you're talking about was a sting operation. A lot of people have a little larceny in their hearts. It does not mean the whole organization is bad. If they investigate and prove that the organization is crooked all the way to the top then I will concede. Until then it's just more created news.

1.4 Million wouldn't help the health care situation or the national debt. Besides why would you want to help anyone? It sounds like your against the programs that help people.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
If someone gives me 1.4 million, I promise to work towards world peace for a whole 2 weeks just like Barak :D

me&thegals

Reaction score
Maybe we could give the guy a teensy more credit than 2 weeks in a fluff job. He is literally and figuratively in the cross-hairs for every thing he does. I am quite sure he knows he is in constant danger just for who he is, then for all the controversial things he is doing.

Personally, and perhaps very callously, I would prefer one person be the target of his own country's animosity than all of us be the target of the world's animosity.

Latest posts