Out with the Old, In with the New

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glad that ankle is better. Rushing causes these mistakes! Been there 😖. I'm a fan of bandage for support for a couple weeks. Vet wrap is my go to.😂. Works great, less $ from farm store and no clips. Plus, colors 🤣

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My Jeep yesterday

20231204_144443.jpg

My Jeep today.

20231205_094643.jpg

I dont think Im going to make it. :lol:

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yeah, you will... Just be glad you are not the "odd man out" and running all the packages and all like you were on the weekends and all that.... at least this is a set route... there is an end to the day.....
This time of year is brutal for all the postal workers... my sincere sympathies and condolences and ADMIRATION for all you do...

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes, it is that time of year that you are running like a racehorse. Merry Christmas!
It will be over in a few weeks and things will get back to some level of abnormal.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I dont think I posted about this, but I got a new Jeep. I actually got it back around the end of November, but had to wait til the conversion kit came in so it could be converted for me to drive it on the right side. Its actually dual control but I just say conversion. A friend of mine at work found it on Facebook marketplace up in Clarkesville. I had been saving for over a year to get another, bigger vehicle for a backup and this one was a good deal.
Have had a few problems with the conversion kit but finally got it fixed and have been using it on the route.
I had gotten it to use for peak season but by the time the kit came in and got it back, I only got to use it the last two days before Christmas.
Now that I have a regular route, its good to have a backup.
I will still have the Wrangler which I'll probably use on light days. I have too much in it anyway to get rid of it, and its so far been really reliable.

20240115_090729.jpg

20240115_091637.jpg

20240115_091656.jpg
20240115_091654.jpg

Its a 2011 Jeep Liberty 4 x 4. I made the tray myself. Had to take it out a few times to get the height right for the legs but finally got it figured out. I have a piece of fencing wire holding it in place to keep it from sliding forward and hitting the front.
Good thing is I was able to pay cash for this one and still had money for the conversion. Everything else I had looked at was either very high mileage, rebuilt this or that, or just looked plain nasty. I keep my Jeeps clean. Hate driving nasty vehicles.