Out with the Old, In with the New

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well.......Friday I had a bad day. Was only into the route a couple hours and had an accident. I twisted my ankle.
20231124_182402.jpg
At first I thought it wasnt too bad. I had gone up on this porch to deliver three packages and was on the second step from the bottom and forgot I was on the second step when I turned to step off and go back to the Jeep.
When I stepped off and hit the ground, it buckled and I hit the ground to avoid possibly breaking my ankle.
Since I could walk on it and it didnt really hurt, I thought I was lucky no further damage was done.
Throughout the day, though, I felt it starting to swell and it got harder to walk on it. By the time I got back to the office, I couldnt hide the limp so I had to report it.
I was afraid they'd take me off the clock and make me stay home. But the didn't.
This was my ankle Saturday. I worked, limping along, but it didn't hurt like Friday.

20231125_193651.jpg

And, no I didn't go to the hospital. I figured it just a sprain and have been putting ice on it and taking epsom salt baths. I think its helping.
This is my foot this morning.

20231126_071651.jpg

I thinks its better. Little bruised but I can get around and a little sprain isn't going to stop me.
And, yes, I know....I have ugly feet. 🤣

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I never went to drs for sprains much either... but do yourself a favor and wrap in an ace bandage to give it support and it will help to keep the swelling down while sitting in the vehicle so much... and try to get out and walk on it a little to keep the circulation going and that will help with the swelling. A little support from wrapping it will help to not "overdo it" as the muscles and ligaments try to heal... Take it from one who has had numerous sprains over the years.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I never went to drs for sprains much either... but do yourself a favor and wrap in an ace bandage to give it support and it will help to keep the swelling down while sitting in the vehicle so much... and try to get out and walk on it a little to keep the circulation going and that will help with the swelling. A little support from wrapping it will help to not "overdo it" as the muscles and ligaments try to heal... Take it from one who has had numerous sprains over the years.
I do have some wrap to use. Being on the route I have to get out alot to deliver packages to the porch, so that keeps the circulation going. The swelling has gone down alot from Friday so it will be fine in a couple days.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i've done that stepping down thinking i was all the way down the stairs enough times to know how badly that can go. in my case it was indoors and there was a heating register right there which i fell into. the next day i did the exact same thing all over again. i broke a few toes.

we've had a turn in our weather for the colder so i've not been able to get out and do much gardening but i'm glad in that it has given me an excuse to give my left foot a rest as i did pull my arch slightly and i don't want it to get worse. i was able to dig for most of last week and get a lot done even with the injured foot as i knew that i should not do certain things to avoid making it worse. it worked but i was glad when it rained and forced me to stop.

hope you heal up and that all is ok!