Pain After Eating Bananas

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
old fashioned said:
Bubblingbrooks said:
glenolam said:
Try telling that to my mother who made me sit with scalloped potatoes in front of me for 4 hours! :sick :gig
Hmmm, that might be different :lol:
Sooooo, how's a mother to know with kids either 'inhaling' or 'exhaling' the foods, if it's rebellion or sensitivity? Mind you I do have boys and with them it's 'either/or'..... :lol:
Every kid is different, and you know them better then anyone!
I just watch for signs that the child is exercising will power either direction.

I also watch out for extreme food cravings. For example, only wanting/craving bread products, and pitching a fit if something else is offered. Smells like a gluten issue to me. Rarely wrong on that one.
Either sourdough, sprouted or gluten free. Those are the options. Start with a different preperation, and if the issue goes away, great! If not, then removal of the food.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
aggieterpkatie said:
abifae said:
Are you allergic to latex? Bananas are the same protein.
No, no issues with latex. :idunno
Seriously?!?! I eat bananas all the time, and am allergic to latex :th should i not eat bananas?!...I feel my lip quivering...I love bananas :( :hit

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
*laughs* Not necessarily but the more severe your latex allergy, the more likely you will also be allergic to bananas.

:D

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
abifae said:
*laughs* Not necessarily but the more severe your latex allergy, the more likely you will also be allergic to bananas.

:D
WHEW!! It's not too severe...just gives me hives, no anaphylaxis or anything.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Put me in the group of people who say--if your body is telling you somethng , listen to it.' I have many examples, but ..... all you need to know is PUT THE BANANA DOWN!!!!!!

Hmmmm, banana and latex allergies in the same camp. Hmmmmm .....

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
Put me in the group of people who say--if your body is telling you somethng , listen to it.' I have many examples, but ..... all you need to know is PUT THE BANANA DOWN!!!!!!

Hmmmm, banana and latex allergies in the same camp. Hmmmmm .....
X2

I have had to learn to listen to my body. Even if something is "good" for you, that is negated if your body rejects it.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
aggieterpkatie said:
This is really weird, but I was wondering if anyone here has experienced the same thing. It seems when I eat very ripe bananas (when I can actually choke them down..not my favorite), I get pain in my jaw (the joints) and my chest (which might be my esophagus). Does anyone know what causes that? Very yellow bananas don't seem to cause it, but the ones that are really ripe do. It's awful! I dont' know why I continue to eat those ripe bananas, probably because I don't want to waste it.

It can't be an allergy if it doesn't happen every time, can it?
I have a friend allergic to bananas. And latex. When she told her new Dr. about the banana allergy the Dr. asked if she was also allergic to latex. Apparently they are relaxed.

So please satisfy my curiousity - are you allergic to latex?

ETA: Whoops - just saw previous posts on the topic!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
im pretty severly allergic to latex but only underripe banannas bother me (its why i NEVER buy green narners....they never ripen properly)
i LOVE narners!

but yeah

Avocado
Banana
Chestnut
Potato
Tomato
Kiwi
Pineapple
Papaya
Eggplant
Melon
Passion Fruit
Mango
Wheat
Cherimoya

are all closley relatex to the latex proteins...

of the list i cant have kiwi, pineapple, papaya, or egplant.

i agree with the others, if you dont LIKE it, and it doesnt agree with you, dont eat it...
if you realy want narners in your diet try in bananna bread or home made bananna pudding ect...
but theres plenty of fruits and veg that are just as good and even better than banannas!