Pallets??

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yes, that is nice! I have seen pics of wonderful things that creative people have made out of pallets.

We used to be able to get oak pallets. The boards were 2 x 8's, feet were 4 x 6. Talk about great firewood! We were going to get some to make benches, etc., but now the company won't even let their employees take them. :/

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Awesome link, Joel!!!

One of the first pallet projects doc and I plan on doing (after we get the truck back on the road) is a pair of chaise lounges from old pallets (he can get all he can haul from work) to enhance our enjoyment of the stars. ;)

It's nice, being able to sit out in our chairs by the fire pit and watch them but we end up with major cricks in our necks...especially when we have meteor showers. The pain is worth it but oh, to be able to lay back and enjoy without it!!! :lol:

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Mickey328 said:
Dawn419 said:
I'd be the same way, Mickey. I had this "talent" as a child to get almost to the top of the steps (up to the bedrooms) and proceed to fall right back down them. :gig
LOL, I rarely fall down stairs...I'm supremely talented...I fall UP them! At some point I just don't get my foot up high enough, catch my toe on the next step and fall forward. I blame it on them building stairs that are just too darned high for those of us who are...um...vertically challenged ;)
I'm glad I'm not the only one :lol: I share your talent for falling UP the stairs

opiemaster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You can also sell them. Contact your local pallet company and they will buy them if they are the right size. Then you can take that money and use it to more SS. 4x4 pallets in good shape usualy bring around $3-$4 each. ;)

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The you-tube link was amazing, but it went so fast, I can hardly remember a thing that was in it. Where's the slow down button??? :/ I needed a minute to study each pic.

ducks4you

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We used pallets to support in my horse manger (in the shelter) rebuild project. They are under the plywood, and we used 3.
December2011brandnewcamerapictures098.jpg

I used 2/each to support a 4 x 4 "tent" for each of my chicken summer quarters to keep their feet dry.
KittensandPulletsPictures09-21-12044_zpsef32f0d4.jpg

Pallets are so sturdy, the building uses are innumerable, especially around the farm.

sleuth

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
PatchofHeavenFarm said:
We get lots and lots of pallets and I have been trying to find some good ways to recycle them! Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Where do you get your pallets? I'm finding most of the big box stores (which have lots and lots of pallets) recycle theirs or have them picked up. The smaller places only seem to get 1 or 2 at a time.

Latest posts