PamsPride's Journal-Free Kindle Downloads!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Yeah, it is all I can do to keep them from eating them until their dad gets home to see them!!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Please keep ALL political stuff out of my journal! Thanks!

hikerchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
No sorry, I was just trying to learn about something I had never heard of. Not trying to make trouble.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
DH and I are going Christmas shopping this evening! My brother is coming over to watch the kiddos for us!
I NEED to get something for my older three boys. I am set for my younger three kiddos. Little kids little price tag! Big kids big price tag! LOL! So it is so much easier to buy for the younger ones!
I want to get the older three boys a 20 guage but we do not have enough $$ to buy that all on our own. My mom is giving them $25 each and they still have their $30 from the extended family....$55 each x 3 which they will be putting toward the gun and DH and I will pay the rest.
So, I was thinking I would get them some shot gun shells for it to unwrap. My MIL is getting them two Star Wars Wii games that they do not have.
They need new flashlights AGAIN!! They seem to bust every flashlight they have ever had and they need them for going out to close up the chickens in the dark at night.
Other than that I am at a loss as to what to get them!
My MIL totally blessed them with shoes, socks, and watches.
Just thinking out loud here...so thanks for listening! LOL!
My 12 yo needs GOOD winter gloves.
I was thinking of an electric heated blanket for my 10 yo and 7 yo.
But what to do I get for my 12 and 14 yo????

I am getting a Spa gift card for my MIL tonight...thanks for the idea Bee!
I have no idea what to get for my dad...maybe a new flannel shirt or something along those lines.
My brother and mom are done.
I have nothing for DH! I am going to suggest that he uses his Sears gift card to get himself a new MP3 player because his died. Then he wants new underwear.

LOL....my 4 and 7 yo are cleaning out the containers of icing that was leftover from the earlier decorating session!

I usually take the kids out and let them shop for each other but I have not had the chance to do that yet!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That's funny, last night I went out to close up my coop and I could not see a thing. Almost killed myself tripping over the black dog. I came in and told my dh I wanted night vision goggles for going to the coop. he says "how about a new flashlight?" I think the night vision would be so much more fun. But not realistic I know.

g

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Well, we decided on a cot for 14 yo and 12 yo for using on Ranger camps. 14 yo got a bigger one than 12 yo. (Am I the only one who thinks...oooh these will make a great gift and they can be used as a prep item for a SHTF scenerio and we have to take people in?? LOL)
Also got 14 yo a new bag chair. The "Giant" (as the younger ones call him) does not fit in the little kids bag chairs anymore! Then we also got him a deer call.
We got 7 and 10 yo a electric heat blanket. Haha...then 7 yo comes to me tonight and says "I wish I had an electric blanket like you and dad have then I wouldn't have to sleep in your bed to be warm." We have never even suggested that as a gift to him!
Then we got all three older boys an LED flashlight that gets plugged in to recharge and automatically comes on if the power goes out. On the package it says 'virtually indestructable'. I am willing to put money on the fact that they will ALL three be broke within in a month! :rolleyes:
We got 12 yo a nice pair of winter gloves.
We got them 4 dozen AA batteries and 2 dozen AAA batteries.

DH used his JC Penney's gift card that his mom got him for his birthday...way back in May...to get himself some underwear. $6 each for a pair of underwear!! Ouch! I didn't realize they were so expensive! LOL! Maybe that is why he needed some...because I refuse to pay that much for them! They were on sale bogo half off...so he ended up paying $3.76 for 6 pairs...after the $25 gift card.
(I am thinking I could make some really cool boxer briefs out of old t-shirts if I had a pattern! All I would need is elastic. We get tons of t-shirts given to us that we just pass on!)
Then he used his Sears card (that he won at work) and bought himself an MP3 player to replace his that broke...for $30. Then he got a cordless drill set that has a drill, light, saw, and dust buster in it for $90.
I got my dad a flannel shirt and an insulated flannel shirt for Christmas.

It started a sleet snow thing on our way home. I don't think we are supposed to get any major snow or anything though. All of you that are getting blasted with snow please be careful and stay warm!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I am taking a break from sewing to feed the baby. I have 4 yo DD's outfit nearly done! I just need to put the band in the pants and I decided I want to redo the skirting on the top to make it shorter. I have baby girl's outfit 1/4th done! Woohoo! It seems pretty early in the evening to have this much done!