PamsPride's Journal-Free Kindle Downloads!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Dace said:
Sorry about the hawk....I have no ideas what to do! We see them fly by every once in a while, but so far they have not noticed my girls...I only have three though.

In an earlier post you were asking for advice on what else you could do for next year on the SS front. What about a pig? That would provide a meal a week. Do you have room for that?
We...mostly me...don't eat pork. I know GASP! I just can't.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
No bacon? Ham? Better not let OFG read this.......

I like your plans for the expanded garden, I think that is a great start :thumbsup

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Pam I have a million hawks around. I use that really cheap flimsy plastic netting across the top of my run. In the field the birds are on their own. Maybe if you run some strings back and forth across the top of your run,,,, With little ribbons hanging on them. I am sorry to hear about your birds.

gina

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Merry Christmas!!
I got 10 spools of thread, two pairs of sewing scissors, necklace and earrings, two pairs of holiday socks, and some sewing machine needles from the family.

My kids made out like bandits this year! They got two new Star Wars Wii games. $150 more dollars in gift cards for Walmart and Toys R Us. 7 yo got three pairs of pants. 4 yo DD got two outfits. All from MIL. Another Barbie, (from DH's cousin) for a total of 4 Barbies for Christmas. The boys got some GI Joes from my DH's cousin. They got super soft comfy holiday blankets from DH's aunt.

They got all of the stuff I mentioned in a precious post from us. And of course we got the fridge from MIL a month or so ago. Plus the kids got all of the stuff I mentioned in previous posts from my MIL and extended family.
My mom, dad, and brother are on their way here right now so we can exchange gifts with them. My mom already bought me a meat grinder and gave that to me.

I am trying to figure out a big gift the kids can get from Toys R Us...because they have about $150 to spend there.
And a decent size gift with the $50 from Walmart. Any suggestions?

Merry Christmas! Stay warm and cozy and be careful on the ice! We are totally covered in ICE here!!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
My mom came shortly after my last post and she gave me a hand crochet pray shaw! It is absolutely beautiful!!! It is a beautiful purple color!
She got the boys the Gander Mountain gift cards. 7 yo DS got 3 Transformers. 4 yo DD got a Barbie with two beautifully crochet dresses with oodles of ruffles! (The red and white one is my favorite!) My mom also made her a crochet pink camo snuggie.
My mom paid for the 12 outfits I got for the baby the day after Thanksgiving....so that was baby girl's gift.

I got DD these two dolls from Kohl's...because I got a $10 free coupon. They are about 5" high, hard plastic, with long hair, and their clothes snap on. These have been her favorite dolls ALL day!! She bought herself a little china tea set at the holiday shoppe at church and has been putting water in them and drinking it. She has the two dolls sitting up in front of her tea set like they are playing along with all of their clothes (which are hard plastic too) surrounding the dolls. I think she likes the dolls so much because they stand on their own.
LOL! I got the dolls thinking they were going to be just two more dolls thrown in their with the rest of her toys and so far they are her favorite!

Then of course 10 and 12 yo have been playing Star Wars on the Wii all day. So do I get to hear Christmas music.....NO... I get to her swish, swish, pew, pew, pew...over and over and over!!

Tomorrow is a BIG family Christmas party with my mom's side of the family. They were expecting something like 70 people! You know there is a reason why you see some people every 5 years!! Sigh...hopefully it all goes well!
The weather turned completely to rain so we are no longer covered with ice.
I made to many of those YUMMY chocolate dipped s'mores and I keep eating them!! :lol:

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Merry Christmas! I found the book "The Backyard Homestead" by Carleen Madigan to be full of good ideas on how to organize a small space. There were some really helpful diagrams on how to do this. I hate it when I get books and they make it sound so simple but I can't visualize how what they're saying translates into real life! Anyway, you might see if it's available through your library.

Speaking of spaghetti, what about spaghetti squash? I've picked up a few at the grocery and have fallen in LOVE with them. I'm going to try a big old patch of them this year. No more spaghetti noodles for me! :weee

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Merry Christmas!! I am glad to hear all has gone well so far. We have those Snap on girls as well. Very easy for the little ones to put their clothes on and off. My older girl was a bit disappointed they had no clothes on the back side. lol Ds has received three different Nerf guns for Christmas. We are all at his mercy right now. He is looking for moving targets. :hide

We were supposed to head north today to visit my mom. This is usually a carefully scheduled event with one of my sisters. This way our husbands can hang out together and do the guy thing. She called and cancelled, sick and worn out. So I am staying home as well. My kids just don't want to go anywhere.

Well have a great family party and enjoy!!!

gina

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Moving targets! :lol:

The hawk got another chicken yesterday. We are now down to 20 chicks from 30. No chance of having two dozen layers now! And the hawk is probably getting all hens and leaving us the stupid roosters! :rolleyes: I just hate to keep my birds locked in the coop all the time. It just seems so mean! Yet, letting them die seems meaner. I have been watching the coop closely today and we plan on locking them back in before we leave this afternoon.
We are going to try to put some string of some sort across the top. I just burns me that I put three months worth of feed and time into them just to slowly lose them on by one each day! :rolleyes:

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Oh darn Pam!

I think Gina is right on about the string.....be sure to tie something dangle-y from it as well.....leftover Christmas ribbon seems like a timely idea. ;)

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
We went to a family Christmas party today. My mom's side of the family. UGH! I am just so anti-social when it comes to getting together with them! I always say I have a disproportionate amount of white trash in my family! I just can't stand my kids hanging around with certain members of my family!! I HATE the 'I remember when...." comments! No sorry I don't remember quite like you remember it! Family members that talk and hang out with each other now pretty much stuck together aside from a few short greetings.
I had one cousin (that did the whole remember when thing with me as soon as I got there) take the baby off of my brother when I went to get my plate of food and started feeding her off of her plate! UGH! She smokes and when she talks you can just hear the congestion that long time smokers have. You know that could cough up a lung any minute cough and congestion! Plus she reaks of cigarette smoke. Feeding baby girl with HER spoon! UGH! I had to practically get testy with her for her to give me back the baby because she was like I can just feed her, she is happy yada, yada, yada!
I like a couple of the family members but I would much prefer to have just them over for dinner and hang out with them where it is so much easier to talk and enjoy each others company.
It's all over....it's all over....it's all over.....

I did win a poinsettia! So that is one good thing! And all of the leftover food was donated to the local ladies rescue mission housing thing. I think there are eleven ladies that live there...a couple of them sat at my table when we had the Christmas tea at my church.
I did get lots of compliments on the girls' outfits! Now I am just waiting for DH to get done with whatever he was doing and we are going to play some family games. I think we are going to play TABOO and Rummy 500.