PamsPride's Journal-Free Kindle Downloads!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
30 pounds lost in 12 weeks is wonderful, PP! It look me a year to lose 150 pounds. Congratulations go to your mom, even if she doesn't come in first place!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
keljonma said:
30 pounds lost in 12 weeks is wonderful, PP! It look me a year to lose 150 pounds. Congratulations go to your mom, even if she doesn't come in first place!
150 pounds!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!! That is a LOT of weight!!!!
My mom is pretty much guarenteed to get first or second place tonight unless one of the other ladies pulls some outrageously huge number tonight. My mom and the lady in second had lost nearly twice as much weight as the other ladies. They win by percentage of weight in the final. My mom was at like 12%, the lady in 2nd place was at like 11%, and the other ladies were way back at like 5-7% as of last week.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I still have 10 pounds of pregnancy weight to lose from baby number 5. LOL

We had quail. They were annoying. And if you don't have a big enough set up for them they cannabalize eachother. We lost two to cannabalizm. YUCK. Off to the auction they went. We got $1 per quail.

I recommend Royal Palm Turkeys if you want to raise some nice birds. We had broad breasted and Bourbon Reds. Both breeds were tempermental and mean mean mean! Well, the toms were. Now I have a pair of Royal Palms, Lance and Gwen. They are really nice. They are about 7 months old and Lance has just started growing his beard!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
We did not have any tempermant problems with our BBB turkeys. How big is Lance weight wise??
My BJG roo's can get up to 15 pounds so I want a Turkey that will have a finished weight bigger than that.
I was thinking about keeping some BBB girls and then getting some smaller Tom's for males...but I am not sure if that will work either.
The Royal Palm's are very beautiful though.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
There was a Royal Palm hen at the Ashtabula County Fair this summer that was a beauty. She would chatter at anyone who walked by.... so naturally, I pulled up a stool and chatted with her a while ... :lol:

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
keljonma said:
There was a Royal Palm hen at the Ashtabula County Fair this summer that was a beauty. She would chatter at anyone who walked by.... so naturally, I pulled up a stool and chatted with her a while ... :lol:
Did she tell you how much she weighed when you were chatting with her or was she shy about telling her weight??:lol:

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
PamsPride said:
keljonma said:
Did she tell you how much she weighed when you were chatting with her or was she shy about telling her weight??:lol:
She was so busy bragging that she won her blue ribbon for being the prettiest turkey hen at the fair.... I can't recall her weight. And do women really discuss those things anyway? ;)

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
In other ramblings....

I played softball this past summer on a league from my church. The coach asked me yesterday if I wanted to coach a team this year because only ten people can play on a team and so far we have 17 people signed up and they have not even put an ad in the bulletin. I told him I had to talk to my mom to see if she would help me since I would have my hands pretty full with the coming baby and she said she would!! So, I am going to coach next summer!! I think I was the first person that he asked to coach becuase I had a couple of run ins with him when we played because some things that went on were not fair and I let him know what I thought about it! (I am not one to keep my mouth shut!) He is somewhat of a pushover and not the least bit organized so he was one of those guys that 'fine if you don't like the way I am doing it then you do it' I was like don't tempt me!
So, I think we are going to pretty much start practicing right after I have the baby! I played while I was pg last year and over half of my teammates did not know it! The guy on my team that played first base was my indoor soccer coach and when it came time to sign up for soccer a month after softball was over he had no idea I was pg!!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
My mom just called she lost 7 pounds this week!!!!!!!! For a grand total of 38 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO MOM!!!! Russ, the other leader, said that even if the other girl in second pulls a 7 she is not going to be able to beat my mom and that her number is going to be nearly impossible to beat!! But, we will not know until it is all over because some people come early to weigh in and some wait until after the meeting to weigh in because they are late. So, she has to stick around until everyone weighs in and all is finalized to get her $$...so that will be in a little over an hour.