PamsPride's Journal-Free Kindle Downloads!

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
I am not a church goer, that being said, I do pray to my God. My God is no doubt the same God you worship to through Jesus Christ. :hide
I have visited many churches, preachers in the pull pits, and for myself I never found or learned of a church that gave equal rights to a man as to a woman.:hide

My wife is well spoken, and at anytime she sees fit can speak her opinion freely. When she feels strongly about her position, she will take a stance and fight her point if need be. When she feels strongly about a point, and needs me to support her, I often listen to what she has to say. I not only respect her position, but also respect her wisdom.

But "sometimes" she doesn't listen to me, and with that, she lost a battle Friday. I am a head strong, get it done, Alpha male. When the power went out for 17 days, I took charge provided heat and food and lead the family. When a SO-N-SO charged through my woods in a jeep during hunting season, she was my rock. God blessed that man, and I don't think he even knows it.

My wife is not just a person in my life, she is also a part of me. Just because she lost a battle Friday doesn't mean I am ready to carve out a place on my headboard, rather than I had a point and she sees value to what I was teaching the kids.

We don't fight, but spend more time listening and ask each other questions. That sometimes falls short, and in six years of marriage, I know we have had four/4 fights. And out of those four fights, the making up was better than the fight.

I would never speak on her behalf unless I was asked to.

Hey, I don't know you well enough to say either way, but this is my opinion.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
PP,

I'm sorry you were so upset, and rightly so. Please don't get mad at me for asking, but if it brings so much grief, why do you still play?

It sounds like winning is more important to your male team mates than being team players. When the fun is gone, it's not a game anymore.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
After the problems in the last game I had made up my mind that I would quit if this (sitting the bench while others who just showed up got to play that never came to a practice) but when it came down to it I was just to upset to go tell the head coach I was done.
This same thing happened last year and I got into it with the head coach, Ron, a couple of times last year over it. Ron actually took a turn sitting out the first game yesterday....for the first time!!
The other girls on the team are just as upset as me but they are not as outspoken as me.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
:hugs

I agree with you on the toy issue and the softball issue. I don't think kids realize nowadays how easy they have it. It is sad that it isn't safe in a lot of ways to just let your kids go outside all day and play. We would actually take our legos outside and play in the lake with them. We built boats and jet skis and houses and played with them in the sand by the lake. We would pick weeds and "plant " fields of corn in the sand for our lego people. It was so much fun. We even got one of those big wooden cable reels and used to roll across the yard on it pretending we were circus performers! Kids just don't know how to play anymore. Sad really.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
:celebrate I lost 2.8 pounds this week for a total of 11.4 pounds!! YAY!! I am thinking I am either in second or first place. My mom is in third place right now. She has lost 7.4 pounds. There are 10 people in our challenge class. The class as a whole has lost 41.6 pounds! That means my 11 pounds, Pat's 10-12 pounds (she is a contenter for first place with me right now), and my mom's 7 pounds the three of us have lost nearly 30 of the 41 pounds so that means the other 7 have only lost about 12-14 pounds between them. The first place winner will receive $125.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
We had a hard frost last night! :( I was sooo happy to see sunshine today! :D

Why aren't you outside enjoying this gorgeous weather?!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Started my CCW class yesterday. We watched two movies and then practiced loading/unloading a .357 and 9mm and then lining up on a target and pulling the trigger. Next week we get to shoot!! YAY!!

I took the kiddos ice skating for a school field trip. I went ice skating too. I am not as sore as I thought I would be and my feet are not hurting at all. Last time I went it really hurt my feet. I will try and upload pictures to my blog when I get home from church this evening.