Panfish :)

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
And for those of you who want quail, he can educate you, as he is quite knowledgeable, and might even be able to send you home with some eggs. ;)

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
And for those of you who want quail, he can educate you, as he is quite knowledgeable, and might even be able to send you home with some eggs. ;)
Ohhhhhh, now I know I am going to be there for at least a week. I so want to raise quail.

Boyd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
2dream said:
big brown horse said:
Regarding the soap, this party is in July I thought. :hu Let me go back and look at my invitation again.
I don't know when in July, Boyd did not say. So since it appears no specific date is set I vote for July 4th.

If course I guess we really should wait until Boyd tells us his plans. Awwww, to heck with him. Lets just all show up at his house anyway with all the food and ask were the fish is.
:lol:

Hope Boyd is ready for all us! Wouldn't it be fun though?
:) I'd like to say I was fishing again today as planned......... but it was raining. The weekend of the 4th I'll be at my cousins wedding, but I'm sure we can work it out anytime after that!!!!!!!! And I usually have to go to ohio to get the big fireworks, so someone brings them......

Boyd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
2dream said:
miss_thenorth said:
Ohhhhhh, now I know I am going to be there for at least a week. I so want to raise quail.
:) I'll have plent of quail and eggs by then too!!!! I'm getting 8 or 9 eggs a day now, and I plan on bumping up my flock :) I'll be processing all the extra roo's and putting them to BBQ duty......

Wow, I actually spend a day being productive and have the party planned out for me :) Im in Michigan Just west of Flint :) Don't worry, there aren't drive by's here!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Boyd said:
big brown horse said:
2dream said:
I don't know when in July, Boyd did not say. So since it appears no specific date is set I vote for July 4th.

If course I guess we really should wait until Boyd tells us his plans. Awwww, to heck with him. Lets just all show up at his house anyway with all the food and ask were the fish is.

:) I'd like to say I was fishing again today as planned......... but it was raining. The weekend of the 4th I'll be at my cousins wedding, but I'm sure we can work it out anytime after that!!!!!!!! And I usually have to go to ohio to get the big fireworks, so someone brings them......
We got lotsa ppl from Ohio here--Quail, Keljonma, Becca, Pam--I'm sure I'm forgetting some--you guys work it out as to who's bringing the fireworks!

Boyd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
Boyd said:
big brown horse said:

We got lotsa ppl from Ohio here--Quail, Keljonma, Becca, Pam--I'm sure I'm forgetting some--you guys work it out as to who's bringing the fireworks!
And you're a hop skip and a jump away too!!!!!!!!!!!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Do you have room for that new pool that Big Brown Horse volunteered to build for you.

Since Mississippi is so far away and its such a long drive I figured originally a week would be enough time for me. But if you are going to teach me about raising quail I may need to stay longer. LOL

I work hard and will be more than happy to not only help you process your birds I will help you eat them too. Just the kind of gal I am. LOL I can bring my DH. He loves to cook so we can put him on BBQ duty.

Edited to add - This will teach you to go fishing and tell us about it won't it?

Boyd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well, how bout since I'm flying down to dallas on the 23rd to pick up a small bus (long story) I'll be driving it back home..... with a detour... family reunion in Kansas, then back to Michigan........ could load the bus up.......... :)

As far as the eating goes... YIKES! Gotta hatch more out then!!!!!

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Boyd said:
No you don't. With all the animals we have on this board, someone will bring a pig or a goat and we can roast it over the big open pit that you are going to build between now and then. :drool

Boyd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
unclejoe said:
Boyd said:
No you don't. With all the animals we have on this board, someone will bring a pig or a goat and we can roast it over the big open pit that you are going to build between now and then. :drool
You mean my 7' firepit isn't big enough? Its dug down 3' or so, but I may have to dig out some of the ashes :(

man, I gotta get organized :)