Patandchickens' journal - please think good thoughts for my cat!

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
01. Name? Pat :p
02. Gender? Female
03. Disneyworld or Disneyland? Euuuw.
04. What is your favorite color? All of them.
05. What is your favorite kind of gum? Euuuw, gum.
06. How much do you weigh? A little more than strictly necessary.
07. How tall are you? Short side of average.
08. Can you swim? Yes.
09. Do you like to swim? No.
10. Living arrangement? What kind of question is that? "Yes, I have a living arrangement" :p I think the answer I'm supposed to give is, married ;)
11. What's on your mouse pad? Photo of me holding now 4 yr old son when he was just a couple minutes old
12. Favorite board game? Scrabble
13. Favorite magazine? At the moment, I guess Backyard Poultry or maybe Countryside
14. Favorite Actor? Don't really ahve one.
15. Favorite Actress? Ditto.
16. Do you have an accent? Philly-meets-NC :p
17. Favorite smells? Freshly baled hay.
18. Least favorite smells? The meat chickens' run that I cleaned out today :eek:
19. Favorite sound? Kids breathing, when they're asleep.
20. Do you prefer pools or oceans? Stagnant ponds I can stomp around in and look for weird pond critters.
21. Do you watch Buffy The Vampire Slayer? I sure did when it was on.
22. Pencil or pen? Red sharpie :)
23. Who's better - boys or girls? Cats.
24. Would you like to own a motorcycle? No. My cats would, though.
25. Do you sing in the shower? Only if nobody else is in the house.
26. Who's the best looking Disney character? Amazingly, there ARE a few things in life I have no opinion whatsoever on :)
27. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning? How much longer are the kids going to stay asleep so I can keep lying here in bed a while longer.
28. How many rings before you answer the phone? As few as possible.
29. How do you want to die? Anything not involving excruciating pain.
30. Have you ever called a 900 number? No.
31. Gold or silver? Cats.
32. Would you ever go bungee-jumping? Sure, if someone else were paying.
33. Do you like dressing up? Once in a blue moon.
34. Would you rather be short or tall? Short.
35. Do you enjoy reading? Absolutely.
36. What book are you reading now? A book about cheesemaking.
37. Favorite books? Terry Pratchett, Umberto Eco, lots and lots of others.
38. What was the last movie you saw? You mean in a theater? Shrek. I don't get out much :p
39. Favorite movies? Fantasia. The original one.
40. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal? No.
41. What is your sign? :rolleyes:
42. What are your personality traits? I'd rather be wrong and learn from it and be right (or more right) thereafter, than be CONVINCED I'm right to the point of refusing to even entertain the notion I'm wrong.
43. What's your biggest fear? Something Bad happening to one of the kids.
44. Would you ever have cosmetic surgery? No way.
45. Future child's name? No future children, alas ;)
46. Favorite foods? Good dim sum; cheap take-out fried rice; the first garden-ripened tomato of the year.
47. Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate.
48. Do you like to drive fast? Not especially, but I'm not afraid of it either.
49. Storms - cool or scary? Yes.
50. Do you like to dance? Yes but those in my vicinity tend to prefer me not to :p
51. Do you do drugs? No
52. Do you smoke? No
53. What do you think of people who smoke? <shrug>
54. Do you drink? No
55. Favorite drink?
56. Do you think men and women could ever be just friends without wanting each other? Some men and some women. Not *all* men towards *all* women nor vice versa.
57. Do you eat the stems of broccoli? Hey, that's the best part!
58. If you could have any job you wanted, what would it be? Cat.
59. What's your "type"? At the moment it would be anyone willing to do repairs around the house.
60. Do you bite your nails? No.
61. Any siblings? Yes.
62. What movies have you cried in? The Lion King :p
63. Do you believe in God? Not the way most people do, but not 'not at all'.
64. Did you ever cry over a guy/girl? Sure.
65. Have you ever stolen anything? When I was 5, a pack of gum.
66. Do you procrastinate? I'll answer that later...
67. Do you believe in fate? Don't understand the question.
68. Who's your favorite Sesame Street character? Elmo (e.t.a. - no... COOKIE MONSTER! How could I have said Elmo)
69. Do you organize your CD's? I only have about 5 of them, so, no.
70. What is your favorite kind of music? don't have a favorite kind.
71. What are your favorite bands/artists? Bela Fleck, Bob Marley, Emile Saint-Saens.
72. What was the last CD you got? I have no idea.
73. MTV or VH1? Euuuw.
74. Who do you admire the most? No idea.
75. Internet Boyfriends and Girlfriends? Um, married. Albeit to someone I first met on the internet :p
76. Are you single? No.
77. Favorite TV show? At the moment? Doctor Who.
78. Blondes, Brunettes, or Redheads? Could care less.
79. Glasses or contacts? Glasses.
80. What color are your eyes? Eye colored.
81. What is your natural hair color? Dark brown.
82. But what color is it now? Dark brown with grey bits and some cat hair and hay stuck in here and there.
83. Have you ever been in love? Yes.
84. Any pets? Yes.
85. Good, decent, or poor grades? Good.
86. Is the glass half empty or half full? Half full.
87. Do you type with your fingers on the right keys? Yes, otherwise my 10th grade typing class teacher would doubtless rise from the dead and come after me.
88. What's under your bed? Cat hair. Also cats.
89. What is your favorite number? 46.
90. Favorite sport to watch? Don't really have one.

MAN that is one long, weird list :p Now I am too pooped to actually start writing a journal. WIll have to wait til tomorrow :p

Pat

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
It kind of is an odd list but it was a good start and now we all want to know MORE! :lol:

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
punkin said:
Pat,

I think you actually like cats. :gig
I tend to agree. It seems there's some unexplored feelings about cats that are revealing themselves here.

:lol:

Cassandra

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Pat,

BELA FLECK ?!!! I love Bela Fleck. I especially enjoy their version of The Stars Spangled Banner.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I too think we should explore this cat fetish. Ummmm Do you think Pat really likes cats and just doesn't want to admit it?

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Aw c'mon, I only mentioned cats a couple times... <goes back and counts> ... er, never mind :p

LOL

So what am I doing these days. Basically trying to catch up on all the stuff I should have gotten done before the season got quite so far advanced, without actually having any stinkin TIME to do it in, sigh. Story of my life. It would be a lot easier if the kids were just a year or two older. (Remind me in a year or two that I said that. Please don't burst my bubble right now, I need to cling to that illusion <g>)

I have all but 2 of the wooden fenceposts in, now, for fencing the sideyard to discourage the kids from running out towards the road. The fencing should come in tomorrow, although they said it would be in *last* friday so I dunno. This is a big thing, because we live on a very busy rural road with constant traffic (including quite a lot of gravel trucks and, this time of year, potato trucks) whizzing by 60 feet from the house at quite literally 65+ mph. We keep a close eye on the kids when they're playing outside of course but I will feel much better once the fence is in.

Then I really need to build the sussex chickens their 'real' runs, instead of the temporary thing made of chainlink panels. It's going to be a shed type deal, with rafters and roofs so's to be winterproof, and thus going to take a considerable bit of time to build. No idea how I'm going to get that to work, but the chickens will just have to hang in there til I do.

And of course the garage desperately needs new gutters, I want to enlarge the veg garden and wheelbarrow a buncha composted horse manure over there to sit for the winter, and I really ought to try excavating the worst-heaved post of the great big horse shed and try to rig something to discourage it from frostheaving further. Oh, and the basement faucet that sprays hot water all over the basement if you turn it on.

I do *like* doing work, I just wish I had more than 30 minutes a day to do it in and wasn't so behind :p

OK, I think I am done whining for a little while now. I should go and see what the kids are doing... they have been ominously quiet for a couple minutes...

Pat

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
You sure can't turn your back on those little buggers, can ya? I would be a nervous wreck with those trucks.

There is always something to be done. We need to get the pool covered. We don't have trees nearby in the yard, so leaves aren't a big problem. And, when we do get it covered, I would like to tame the various shrubs, grasses, etc. that I planted.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I just said the other day, not enough hours in the day to get all that needs done completed! We have so many partially finished jobs around here it just isn't funny! I wish we could just fully complete one thing before we had to start another!

Latest posts