Patch of Heaven Farm ~My journey to become more SS~

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Glad you are back but sad you are moving. Maybe we can meet up before you go. I was sure hoping to get chickens from you in a couple of months! Hopefully, you will be on this site no matter where you move!

Patch of Heaven

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I am just moving across the state line into La. Only about 13 miles from where I am now :)

Got all my seed starter stuff together today... I am ready for spring!! :bun

What is the cheapest seed company for organic heirloom seeds? Anyone?

Oh and the problem with my password is I forgot my email account password too! I become to dependent on the auto save feature on my laptop! :th So I can't get into my email to get my new password. Maybe they could combine my accounts?!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Maybe shoot Nifty a PM and see what he can do.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
for seed i like sand hill preservation center and baker creek heirloom seeds. sand hill is in iowa, and baker creek is in southern missouri. both have free catalogs.

Patch of Heaven

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Funny farm is those on the good list for no GM? :idunno I want the good seeds that haven't been mucked with! lol I have no idea what all the pros and cons are on GMO and honestly don't want to know. Just want unaltered heirloom seeds that I can save year after year for my family garden. :)

It has been a slow day... drizzled all day and made me want to curl up with a book but that didn't happen! We had dinner at the in-laws then came home and cleaned house.
Tomorrow will be a busy day and I pray the sun is shining so the mud can dry up!

I am making a list of things I want or need for SS-

Pressure cooker is the first on the list...
Jersey milk cow- If I can find one to fit my budget
What else should all good SS folks have for "hard times"
Any thoughts or ideas? :caf

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
When buying seeds, always check the description for the specific variety you want to ensure it is listed as non-GMO and certified organic if you want to be sure :) What are you hoping to grow this coming gardening season?

Are you looking for a pressure "cooker" or "canner"? Be sure to get what you really need, they aren't interchangeable--you can cook in a canner but not can in a cooker.

Patch of Heaven

Power Conserver
Reaction score
What a busy day! It was a wet and cold muddy one! Rescued 3 Australian sheps from a back yard breeder today. They are all deaf because they bred two merles even though the mom was already a lethal white. :rolleyes: The mom was tied out in a mud hole and the pups were in a small pen with no shelter. They are so happy to be warm and dry now!

It was a good thing I threw some veggies and a roast in the crock pot this morning! My human crew would have been disappointed because I was late getting home from picking up pups.
Going to check on a few seed sites now and drool over some veggie pics lol

Here is some pics of the mom and pups:

735708_579144368768835_1149999310_o.jpg

736166_579143822102223_560247120_o.jpg

738090_579141802102425_603966335_o.jpg

736782_579143902102215_1100368486_o.jpg

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
such pretty pups!! did you get mom too? years ago we had a deaf pitbull, we taught her with hand signals. but she had other medical problems as well and only lived to be 3 yrs old.

i know baker creek is non gmo. check out their web site.