Patch of Heaven Farm ~My journey to become more SS~

IW

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Oh they are so beautiful! I'm so glad you got them and they are safe and warm.

Patch of Heaven

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I am glad I got them out too! I did get mom! We don't take pups without mom being spayed or surrendered to stop the cycle. They were all spayed and neutered today and now are ready for loving homes. Been a super busy day at work but my honey did get my square foot garden cleaned out and tilled up. I am going to add more compost and top soil to it tomorrow. I bought a small green house shelf from Tractor Supply and I have my seed starter flats all ready to go. Just got to figure out what I want to plant. :) I want to start buying one SS thing a week. I am open to all ideas! I also think I am going to buy one case of jars a week too! So I will be ready to can this spring/summer. Does anyone have any favorite or best canner?

Now I think I am going to browse seed catalogs online and watch Duck Dynasty! :p

Patch of Heaven

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Been busy as a bee last few days. I got a couple gardening books at Books-a-Million Friday, one was an organic gardeners bible and one an allotment garden book. Saved 50 % on both! :woot

I got all my seed trays filled with potting soil and my green house is put together and ready! I just want to get some grow lights to hang on each shelf. Anyone have any cheap alternatives to buying the lights? They are 10 bucks each at Wal-Mart but that is $40 bucks for each shelf a light. I have my first seed order placed from Bakers and it should arrive in a few days. I can't wait til spring!!! :bun

I now have 3 pot belly pigs since my mother in law could no longer care for hers. Really need to find them a new home! Man those things are LOUD! I want to get a couple yorkshire pigs for some bacon and pork chops! :drool

I may have a home for one of my foster dogs which will be awesome! Hopefully I can get a few more adopted. Be nice to have my numbers down by spring so I can spend more time gardening. I love my sheps and will never turn one away but sometimes it becomes too much for one person to do and stay sane! :barnie

If only more people spayed/neutered! I would be unemployed but hey that would be okay! lol
I am sure I could find some other kind of work.

Dh bought a Ford 8N tractor for $400 bucks and the man said it needed a new motor but he was able to clean the motor and unfreeze it so now we have a small tractor and someone gave him an old bush hog and box blade that needed a lil work but he has already fixed the box blade and the bush hog is coming along! :)

Well lunch break is over so I better get back to work! :frow

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Nice score on the tractor! Potbellies make great sausage ;) I got Spring Fever too!!!

Patch of Heaven

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Really WB? I was told they tasted terrible and instead of fat they had something more like gel. :idunno I don't think I could eat them anyway! LOL They are really cute and hopefully I will find homes for them soon. :)

I am ready for this rain to move on! My front yard is a pond!! Looks like we are in for more tomorrow though! :hide My ankle is beyond aching! I don't know how people deal with arthritis all over. :(

Still trying to make my list for SS stuff... Not much on it so far but I am pondering it! :plbb

Well Duck Dynasty is on so I am going to take some tylenol and hope the sun will shine tomorrow!! :fl Good night all!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
There's 2 pot bellies out at the farm, and I keep asking RU when she's going to eat them. She got them as pets. Personally, I can't see it.

Patch of Heaven

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Finally made it back! Between busy crazy schedule and no Internet I have been missing this place!

We moved to a bigger place so I'm avoiding all the boxes and playing online. But the way I see it, I'm educating myself. :caf

I'm going to try to catch up on all I have missed but boy you guys have been busy!! :clap

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
The boxes will still be there tomorrow. So, why rush?

Latest posts