Peaches?

Jaxom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I've been sooo busy stuck down in my dungeoon working on estate sale, I sorta got behind on some domestic things this week. Anyways, when the rats and roaches started picketing my kitchen I knew it was time to take the garbage out. While doing so I noticed that my nieghbor that had planted two dwarf peach trees. They haven't really taken care of them this year. Didn't do any pruning or such. I think the father is sick or something, because I haven't seen him in months. Anways, I've got loads of peaches dropping all over my yard. By the time they drop they're pretty mushy and all full of worms, how can I tell when they're ripe enough to pick?

Thanks

Jax

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Slightly soft on the ridge of the peach. Also let them fully ripen on the counter after picking, not touching each other sometimes I use newspaper if I have it. Generally speaking they need a few days after being picked to be at their peak. Refrigerate only when they are fully ripe as it stops the process. Hope that helps!

Jaxom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It does, we had peaches at our first house, but 27 years later and I forgot a bit....

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Another way to tell, is to pull gently them off, sometimes with a little twist motion. if it comes off it is usuall ready, sometimes it still needs a day or so to sit.