Peeling free-range eggs?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Welcome Bruce :frow

I've tried nearly all the suggested methods and still destroyed eggs, so I started boiling them, once they were cooked, I removed them from the water, cracked them all over with a spoon, making sure to damage the membrane under the shell, before dropping them into cold water. After a few minutes I remove them from the water and peel the shells off easily. I only destroy about 10% of the eggs now :p

Bruce

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score

I've tried nearly all the suggested methods and still destroyed eggs, so I started boiling them, once they were cooked, I removed them from the water, cracked them all over with a spoon, making sure to damage the membrane under the shell, before dropping them into cold water. After a few minutes I remove them from the water and peel the shells off easily. I only destroy about 10% of the eggs now :p
That could certainly work for eggs you cook and use immediately.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

That's what I do too.

Howdy @Bruce !! Good to see you here!

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I've tried the salt and vinegar methods didn't see a change in how a fresh free range eggs peeled. I love to do deviled eggs but don't like the fact that I have to boil more eggs. I've also tried to only cooling them down to where I was able to put my hand in the water- had a little bit better time of peeling and not taking so much white off.
I have found that once I cool hard boiled eggs I put them in a tall bowl ( three pound butter tub) with water in the fridge overnight then bring them and water up to room temp before I begin to peel the shells come off a little bit better and easier. I also crack them in several places before I start to peel and I don't ruin too many eggs so I get a good turnout of smooth deviled eggs.