Peep Peep Peep! (Bert & Betty Lou go to the farm)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
NO Elmo! I need girls! I owe 2 to a local farm and I want to pay my debt :D

(I traded for heirloom tomatoes...hee hee hee)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
aww congratulations on the new babies! now hopefully they hatch you some girls!

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Awww, so cute! I love the names! I hope one of mine will go broody next summer. 3 years with chickens and not one broody, :tongue Stupid chickens.
I have 6 welsh harlequin, one week old, supposed to be girls in my kitchen and 2 gawky teenage drakes outside. The little girls' bills have all turned from light to dark already, except for the 2 that were dark upon delivery (hence the "supposed to be girls") I paid for sexing, and I better get what I ordered.
I will sell a few of these after they are feathered out and I can pick what I want to keep.

Wifezilla

Reaction score
Lexus has taken Oscar and Bert for walks around the pen and shown them the water and the feed. So far she is going back to the nest, but I may take the remaining eggs and toss them in the bator after I candle them. Not sure why they are taking so long. She must not have done a good job rotating the eggs.

Oh well, it's her first time.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yay!! I really hope I get a broody this year. Babies are so fun!

I think its funny that you give cat food as a treat for your ducks, my chickens always loved the cat's food and would actually drive the hunting machine away from his bowl.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
How cute are they??? I vote for a Snuffy Snuffleuphagus!!! (yes I had to look the spelling up on that)

g

Wifezilla

Reaction score
Hee hee hee

Ok, I have 4 ducklings now and 3 more eggs on the nest. Lexus kicked out a WELL ROTTED egg yesterday and OH BOY was that horrible :sick

The idiot took Oscar, Bert and Zoe out of her pen in to the run this morning. Of course Wendy and Shelley started picking on them...at 5am. So I threw on some clothes and ran out there to get everyone back where they belong. My fault. I didn't latch her pen last night and Lexus misses her friends I guess. Young mom's are so dumb! LOL

The newest duckling was sitting on the nest just looking at everyone like they were crazy to be out and about when a perfectly feathered nest was right under her.

The last duckling is a girl :ya...and apparently a bit prissy. Of course I named her "Countess Darling von Darling"

One more thing...Oscar might not be a boy after all. While there is more black on Oscar's bill than Zoe's or DVD's, there is WAY less black than Bert's. I guess I will hang on to Oscar and see before deciding to sell or keep. If it is really a girl, I guess Oscar gets to be renamed...
to Abby Cadabby :D
http://www.sesamestreet.org/characters

Wifezilla

Reaction score
Hee hee hee

We also have a Prairie Dawn now! I asked for girls and I sure got them!!! ::weee

I moved the nest to the dog igloo because I thought she had finally hatched out the last viable egg. Guess what I found when I cleaned out the garbage can? 3 more eggs and I think they may very well hatch.

While Lexus totally fails on timing she makes up for it in girl production. I put those 3 eggs at the entrance to the igloo and she rolled them right under her.

It looks like Countess has a bit of a foot deformity, but nothing serious. Her foot is kind of curled in but when she walks it flattens out. I had a duck before like this. I think it's caused by humidity issues. Since Lexus was so off about egg rotation this isn't surprising. I will just keep her. Future breeding should not be an issue.

Lexus also gets major bonus points for being so cooperative with the nest move. I had to do it regardless. That rotten egg smell was still lingering.:sick