Perplexing Question for Chicken Owners (Need an Opinion)

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
Bubblingbrooks said:
BarredBuff said:
What makes you think it couldnt be?

(not trying to be a butt, I sincerely want to know the flaws you see with it)

:) :)
Anything domesticated is easy prey in the wild.
Thats true its not very likely but I still say it may be.....
Hope springs eternal with the young.... :lol:

I truly hope you and Auntie find a large flock of Buffs colonizing the valley, but I think the odds are against you, buddy. Four hens would not have much of a chance. :idunno

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
BarredBuff said:
Wannabefree said:
It is possible, but NOT probable. Sorry Buffy :hu
What makes you think it couldnt be?

(not trying to be a butt, I sincerely want to know the flaws you see with it)

:) :)
Buffy, it's just not probable that they survived this last winter. They are domesticated animals, not wild birds hun. I don't want to burst your bubble by any means, but I also don't want you to get your hopes up TOO high ;) :hugs I really rather hope you are correct, it'd be great. Just being cautious I guess.
Im not to hopeful. Im just merely speculating. I know the chances are slim........but it is fun to think about :D

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
What does "POL" stand for?

Is this on part of your property? If so, go there at night with flash lights. How fun!!

:pop
This isnt our property we found the poo on. POL (point of lay)

According to google maps and my observations. I have only ever seen them back in the field around 140 feet from the hen house.

From the coop to the first barn it is 900 feet. They stay in our yard and go back 1/9 of that distance to the barn. BUT to the poop it is 1700 feet.

I think there could be some small chance of one back there without me knowing about it.

Then 700 from the barn to poo

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
New from FFA Films, "Valley of the Buffs"....a story of a younin's Buffs and RIR's and their yearnings to be FREE of his high expectations for broodiness and large flocks!

Starring Barred Buff as the honest farmer with lofty self-sufficient goals and the cast of dozens of forum contributors that support him, tease him, but always think he's an okay guy.

Coming soon to a theater near you.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
New from FFA Films, "Valley of the Buffs"....a story of a younin's Buffs and RIR's and their yearnings to be FREE of his high expectations for broodiness and large flocks!

Starring Barred Buff as the honest farmer with lofty self-sufficient goals and the cast of dozens of forum contributors that support him, tease him, but always think he's an okay guy.

:lol:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:

:pop Great movie! :D

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
You guys are too cute. I'll even watch the sequels and buy my granddaughter the BB action figure.