Perspective

On Our own

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Check this out:

http://www.globalrichlist.com/

My income (prelayoff of course) puts me the top 1% richest people in the world.

I wonder what they makes the people who are top 1% in this country?? How far away must they be?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I am in the 0.001% richest people in the world.....yay.

:lol:

On Our Own, you are approx. 100 times more rich than I! :D

Money or no money, I am one of the richest people in the world....I have LOVE!!!!! :love

Reaction score
At 10.00 per year a person is in the top 41% of the worlds people. There are some seriously poor people out there. You really have to wonder what someone that makes 500 million a year does with their money. Can you imagine what it would be like to have so many houses you have to ask the butler where your bedroom is when you go somewhere?

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I've mentioned this before. The seriously poor in this country are still far better off than the seriously poor in other parts of the world. It's all relative - and it's eyeopening when you really think about it.

Reaction score
It's all truly sad. At least this country has a safety net of a sort. The other countries have a really bad problem because of serious corruption. As cheap as their economies are the help that countries around the world provide should help out some. Instead the relief is grabbed by the corrupt militarys and sold. Of course the top 2% in those countries have the biggest guns and the most political clout. If there is a hell they are buying lots of property there.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
hwillm1977 said:
I'm sure this one has been posted at some point, but this website also gives a pretty interesting perspective at how various cultures eat, and what an average family in that culture eats in one week.

http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1626519,00.html

I'm in the top 11% of the world's population for riches... and I feel pretty good about that.
Thanks for sharing hwillm!!

BTW, I was an art major and your art work is fantastic! :thumbsup My buddy who drew almost as good as you went on to illustrate medical dictionaries back in the 80's. Computers prolly put him out of business tho. :rolleyes:

Not sure if I ever said welcome to sufficientself or not so :welcome

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That is so cool! EVERYONE needs to see that perspective! ;)

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
You are the 277,391,305richest person in the world! You're in the TOP 4.62%
richest people in the world!

Yeah, but you ned to divide taht by 8 because that is how many people we have living off that income.