Pet Peeve!!!!

cjparker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We have 12 indoor cats that use a litterbox and then track through the kitchen. We also have a German/Aussie shephard who's main goal in life is to find a rotting pile of poo and roll in it. We also have a 19 month old granddaughter who is still pretty low to the ground. Given those facts, we broke down and bought one of those H2O steam mops. It does a great job and uses only steaming hot water to clean the linoleum and tile. It was a hundred bucks but saved us that much already because we didn't have to replace the linoleum in the kitchen of the house we bought last summer. This is that stupid linoleum that is textured, which is just another way of saying that there are dirt-holding squiggles in the tile. The steam mop got all that up with just a few uses.

It also got rid of a certain smell that lingered in the carpet after my geriatric cat had a little accident.

But I agree with all of you; for most cleaning, vinegar or baking soda does all that needs done to keep a home clean and odor-free. If someone chooses to use those scent-thingies because they like the smell, well okay. But if they think plugging in a doodad or spraying some chemically-smelling "air freshener" is going to cover up the smell of dirty house, they are fooling themselves.

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I use my Swiffer dry mop with a wet cloth diaper stuck in the little tabs. Works just great.

(just don't tell my mother who thinks I should be down on my hands and knees scrubbung the floor at least once a week)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
missthenorth
they just came out with a disposable camcorder....can you believe that?
I thought disposable cameras were insane, now camcorders.

There is a show on Directtv called "I WANT THAT"---can you believe it? They showcase new contraptions and make ya want to buy. that isn't a show to me but they call it one..LOL

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
(just don't tell my mother who thinks I should be down on my hands and knees scrubbung the floor at least once a week)

*******yikes Poppycat---I sure ain't going there! LOL

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
missthenorth
they just came out with a disposable camcorder....can you believe that?
I thought disposable cameras were insane, now camcorders.

There is a show on Directtv called "I WANT THAT"---can you believe it? They showcase new contraptions and make ya want to buy. that isn't a show to me but they call it one..LOL
(shakes head in disbelief) What is this world coming to?????? :barnie

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
If you use bleach for your dishes it should be added to the rinse water instead of the wash water.

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So since we are on the subject of germs LOL, I felt I needed to share this. At breakfast the other morning with the INLAWS, my SIL wiped the tray off and the seat off of the highchair.
She said with a big, proud smile how she had heard on a tv show how they found..*gasp*.. fecal matter on the handles of shopping carts.

Lord forgive me.....I rolled my eyes.

Then I proceeded *innocently * to ask her if she knew that everytime she flushes her toilet, water sprayes into the air.....Where is her toothbrush located? :th

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Speaking of grocery carts. Anyone ever really thought about the number of baby butts that have been sitting in the little fold out top part. The part those of us without small children use to lay our food. LOL
(ummmm...wonder where the fecal matter on the carts came from.)
Yes I still grocery shop, yes I still use the little fold out part and NO I don't use the new sanitary wipes. And MY toothbrush is covered.

But the best news I have for you is:
Did you know that if you make up your bed everyday you are encouraging bugs. Yep. Due to the moisture left from your body. Your bed can not properly dry and air out. So the minute I heard this I immediately stopped making my bed up daily.
(Hey, where better to start jumping on the germ band wagon than with that working saving little tid bit)