Pet Peeve!!!!

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
RTRchick, Yes even with the lid down some spray comes out around the sides. not a lot, but some. But stop and think about it......you have been brushing your teeth for years like that and it didnt bother you then, right? so why now.......
Of course, when I told her that my MIL rolled her eyes at me and told me GREAT, now she will be worrying about that, rotfl.

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ughh I'm gonna start brushing my teeth over the kitchen sink

chicknwhisperer

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I forgot all about that fact lol. Not sure if I should just forget it since I have been keeping my toothbrush in the bathroom since I was little. But I might consider a cover to put on all the toothbrushes now lol

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmm.....just had a thought for some "all-natural" toothpaste..... :hu Now, how to market it? :lol:

Soybean

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I've never really been much of a germaphobe. I was the kid who ate dirt and stole food from the dog. I follow a 5-10 second rule, 10 seconds being if its something I really wanted to use/eat. I only wash my hands after using the bathroom or feeding/playing with the animals.

And I can tell you one thing. I have a great immune system. I've been exposed to so many things and didn't catch them. TB skin test was positive (meaning I might have TB), chest x-ray negative. I was just exposed but never caught it. Had a sip of my friend's drink the day before he found out he had mono. Didn't catch it. Had strep throat for 3 days while my husband had it for 10 days. He took meds, I didn't.

I think we NEED to be exposed to lots of germs. Our immune system will fail if we don't. I'm going to start researching more natural cleaners for my home. Not only do I want less chemicals in the house, I just want a clean house, not one that smells like "Fresh Rain".

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Yep....must tell you, the dirtiest nurses in the hospital, clinic, facility are the healthiest ones. The folks who insist on washing, washing, washing hands are the ones who are the most ill. Your skin is your first line of defense and the natural oils, bacteria, etc. are the linemen. When you wash them away, that leaves dry skin with tiny fissures where germs can find entry into your body.

Griffox

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I am so glad I'm not the only one who gets peeved at commericials...

Also the special reports on oprah, 20/20, dateline, etc. where they swab everything in your car, laptop, restaurant and then report back all the "germs" they found which almost always includes fecal matter.

SO WHAAAAAT!!! Obviously I haven't picked up any diseases from my car or laptop. Guess what?? They're MY germs and I put them there.

My mom falls for all that crap. I'm always trying to convince her that germs are not bad. I get a cold once a year that lasts 2-3 days. I NEVER take antibiotics and NEVER get a flu shot. I follow normal hygiene procedures, but I am not going to get all panicked because john stossal says there's feces on the ATM keypad.