Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I read somewhere that Bluebirds nested in the tops of rotted out fence posts- so they are used to not having roofs. Not sure where they nested before wooden fence posts... Probably alot easier to feed from above than to try to squeeze in through the hole.

I have a bluebird house that looks alot like yours, but they won't use it. I will have to check it out and see what repairs it needs. It is on the clothesline post (I hardly ever use the clothesline) and in the dog yard.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@FarmerJamie, breakfast this morning was blackberries and a fresh fig while I was out working. I love being able to eat them right off of the plant!

Me too... Just a word of caution though, pin worms love both black and rasp berries. I learned the hard way that eating them right off the plant is a very bad thing. I had a horrible infestation of intestine pin worms over the winter. I'm a stubrbon old (blank) and don't go to the doctor unless I absolutely have to. However I found eating a tblsp of raw garlic twice a day for two weeks, killed off the pin worms. It took me a while to figure out why I was plugged up and couldn't go no matter what. After raw garlic self treatment. I'm fine now but I was in bad shape for months.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
My week in pictures:

A shy visitor:
View attachment 11496

A future watermelon: View attachment 11500

A female Eastern Dobson Fly: View attachment 11502

Summer Sunflower:
View attachment 11503

Yum!
View attachment 11504

Enough to share:
View attachment 11505

Summer beauty:View attachment 11506

A baby watermelon:View attachment 11507

Noccalula Falls:
View attachment 11509

A Wisconsin dawn:
View attachment 11508
Congrats @milkmansdaughter for getting this week's POW!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Feeding animals garlic helps them, too. Same reasons. Yep our feathered and furry friends "share" with us. :lol: The garlic in their systems helps lessen flea infestations, too. Guess fleas don't enjoy Italian :D

Status
Not open for further replies.