pictures of finished sewing/quilt projects

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
moolie said:
TanksHill said:
So someone please tell me. Does machine sewing count as handmade??

g
Absolutely.

People have been doing their home sewing by machine since Laura Ingalls Wilder's day.
Agreed. Machine piecing started with the treadle machine. :D

I'm signing up for a machine quilting class in October. I'll learn to do those rambling loopy things that I messed up on the Christmas wall hanging.

I do enjoy hand piecing and quilting, but it takes forever. So I machine quilt for quicker gratification. :D

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
moolie said:
TanksHill said:
So someone please tell me. Does machine sewing count as handmade??

g
Absolutely.

People have been doing their home sewing by machine since Laura Ingalls Wilder's day.
That.

If you do the work at home, it's hand made lol!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good that makes me feel better. I thought you guys were all sitting around hand stitching these things. :hide

:D

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh good grief no, that would kill me! Hand-quilting is bad enough (my machine is a really old one and can't handle quilting).

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
776_the_blue_bandit.jpg

My first completed apron. I have named it THE BLUE BANDIT. It is possibly the most ugly apron I have ever laid eyes on :lol: I made it reversible, one white side, one stripped side, but I still think it's ugly LOL. I have killed my other 2 aprons and I needed something. I had fabric on hand, just not a lot of cotton...so one side is flannel :lol: and the other side is cotton. I even put a pocket on one side.

Man, the more I look at it, the uglier that thing gets! ...but it's functional.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I like the color....I need to make myself an apron to gather eggs in so I don't stretch out any more shirts...:rolleyes:

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well I found a few pics of some past projects. And I must thank you for having me look. I just realized I had not backed up any pics for the whole year to disc. Need to do that today.

So I uploaded a few to photo bucket. Not sure how to make them medium sized. I hope they don't scare anyone.

Aprons, dress, nightgowns for my girls, beanies, baby set. All of these are pretty old projects. I guess I have not crafted much this year.

IMG_2273.jpg

IMG_0897_1.jpg

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg